Chapter 10

• A •
8 Years ago

« Hey Emily ! » The brunette turned around to the familiar voice as she was about to open the front door of her house.
« Hi blondie. » She chuckled and hugged Alison who chuckled too at the nickname.

When they pulled apart Emily asked if the blonde wanted to get inside, but Ali shook her head.
« Actually I was thinking about something else. What do you say about going for a walk ? »
She asked with a cute but also a little shy smile.

Emily found it super cute,
« Uhm, sure why not. Let me just put this inside and we can go. »
Emily had still not gotten back to school. So she thought it would be good to be outside a little longer since she had only arrived from the grocery store.

As they walked through the calmed streets of Rosewood, they felt good. They weren't talking but there wasn't any awkward silence either.

« Uh, Em ? » Ali asked and the girl turned her face to her, «  If you don't mind I actually have to go somewhere. My mom doesn't let me stay out for long, and I wanted to go to the cemetery before going home. »

« Oh, sure don't worry. I can go back-» The blonde interrupted her though,
« No that's not what I meant. I want to spend time with you. I just want to make a quick stop before we go somewhere else. »

Emily couldn't help the feeling when Alison said she wanted to spend time with her. They hadn't spoken about the kiss, and to be honest, Emily felt relieved. She didn't know what she'd say if Alison brought the subject up.

What if Ali wanted to be more ? Emily didn't know if she would be able to be more, what if she would get hurt again?

« Ah okay I got it. And of course I don't mind. »
Alison smiled back and side by side they made their way to the cemetery.

When they got there Emily wasn't really sure if she should walk with Alison to her brother's grave, but when Ali saw Emily hesitate, she took the brunette's hand in hers and offered her a warm smile.

They approached Jason's grave and Emily frowned as she read the name on the cold stone.
Alison sat down on the grass, Emily slowly made the same move, but she was still focused on the name.

« You okay ? » Alison asked and Emily suddenly looked at her.

« Uh yeah. Sorry I was just distracted. » Emily tried to convince her but it didn't really work.

« More like shocked. » The blonde chuckled, « I'd ask if you're scared of cemeteries but since you even hid yourself he- Oh my god. Is it because of your father ? Emily I'm so sorry, I didn't think that this place could bring you bad memories- »

Emily shook her head and put her hand over Alison's,
« That's not it. I just, didn't know that Jason DiLaurentis was your brother. »

Alison frowned. She had never told Emily her surname, and now that she thought about it she never told Emily who her brother was.

« I knew him. » Emily suddenly said as she looked back at the grave stone.
« You did ?? » Alison asked surprised. She knew most of her brother's friends but she had never heard of Emily.