• Chapter 7 •

• • •
8 years ago

One week had passed since Emily had received the news about her parents. She hadn't showed any emotions until now, all of the time she was just quiet and stared at nothing. Even when Alison would visit her, she would just give the blonde a small smile, but nothing more.

The girls were all worried about their friend, Abby Griffin explained that Emily was probably still in denial. She told them that,
'Everyone feels grief in their own way, but there are certain stages to the process of mourning. It starts with recognizing a loss and continues until that loss is eventually accepted. People's responses to grief will vary depending upon the circumstances of the death.'
And we can't say that the circumstances were the best.
The doctor also said that Emily could be blaming herself for what happend, specially because of the paper her father wrote.

All of them, including officer Kane had tried to talk to the brunette, but she would just shrug it off and say she was fine. Abby didn't want to let the girl go home, she thought Emily wasn't emotionally ready to do so, but the girl didn't have any more reasons to stay in the hospital since her health was good again.
So for as much as Abby didn't want to, she had to discharge Emily.
Before she did so, she spoke to the three girls, and told them that maybe it wasn't a good idea for Emily to go home yet. They all wanted to help, but Emily told them that spending the night at their houses wasn't a way of living. It's one thing when you have a sleepover at your friend's, but it's another when you are there almost every night.
She told them that it would only make her feel like she didn't have a home, but inside the brunette knew she had lost her home a long time ago.

When Emily left the hospital, her three friends accompanied her. She thanked doctor Griffin for everything and the older woman offered to help the brunette in anything she needed.
After that, Emily went to her house. She knew she had to do it eventually and she didn't want to look weak infront of her friends.

"You girls can go. I need to do this on my own." She told them, they didn't really agree but after Emily kept telling them that it was the right thing to do, they left her alone.

As she stepped inside the house, she felt this knot on her throat and she suddenly couldn't breathe. She leaned her back against the front door and let herself fall until she was sitting on the floor.
"What have I done?" She whispered in a broken voice, but still not one tear left her chocolate brown eyes.

After a while she stood up, and went to the living room. She didn't have the courage to go upstairs to her room where her parents had committed suicide, because of her.

And today was a day like the others, the school had given her time to recover and organize things. Emily would be 18 in a couple of weeks, so there was no need for her to go to another family. She wanted to sell the house as soon as possible and start over. Away from the horrible memories she had from that place. Even the few good and happy memories she had, eventually faded away, and now all she had left, was the flashbacks of her father beating her and making her life a living hell.

As the girl was sitting on the couch and watching some TV, the bell rang. She stood up and went to the door, not really caring about her appearance.
It was 6pm and she hadn't left the house unless it was to buy food.
She was wearing a plain white tshirt and some dark grey sweatpants, her hair was in a messy bun. For Alison, who was on the other side of the door, the brunette looked absolutely cute and beautiful.