• Chapter 8 •

• E •
Present time

"Just go already!" Emily shoutout from inside her apartment as a blonde girl kept ringing on her bell, insisting to get in.

"I'll stop when you open the damn door and we can talk like grownups!"
Emily put her hands on her head as the annoying ring kept going,
"Oh now you wanna be grownups?! You and Spencer were the ones who asked the girls to come to Rosewood! Like what did you expect to happen? For me to hug and thank you?" She complained.

The bell suddenly stopped and Emily sighed in relief, thinking the girl had left.

"Please Emily." A soft voice was heard and Emily groaned, she knew the other girl wouldn't give up.

She finally opened the door and let her friend come inside.
"Now what? You came to apologize or to try to convince me to meet them?" The brunette asked with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm here to say that Spencer and I only had good intentions and you know it. Look, whether you like it or not, you and Alison have to talk."

Emily shook her head,
"No we don't, why can't you understand that? We have nothing to say to eachother."

"Emily!" The blonde suddenly shouted,
"Stop being stubborn and admit that if there was nothing more to be said or done, you would not be acting like this after seven years. God, I know you are hurt and that you don't want to see her cause running away from your problems is easier, but it's time to stop. If you want to move on, it's time to talk to her."

Emily kept quiet, she was shocked at her friend's words, which were in fact true.
"Spencer and I didn't have intentions to bring her so that you two would be together again. That is up to the both of you only. Our intentions were to help you stop with all the anger and pain you have inside of you. We just want you to solve things with her, once and for all."

Hanna didn't wait for an answer as she saw her friend lower her head. The blonde walked to the door and before leaving she turned back,
"Whatever you do, just make sure you say what you have to say, but that you also listen to her."

As the blonde made her way out of the apartment, Emily let herself fall on the couch.
Deep down all she wanted was to run outside and look for Alison, to look into her eyes and smile happily. But that only happend in movies.

She sat there deep in thought about what was she going to do when her phone rang,
"Hello?"
"Oh wow, I didn't expect you to answer." Spencer chuckled nervously. She had been trying to talk to Emily since their fight a few days ago. To be honest Emily only answered the call this time, cause she was distracted with her thoughts, but now was too late.

"What do you want Spencer?" Emily asked annoyed.
"To talk." The brunette begged to her friend,
"Hanna was here an hour ago. There is no need to talk."

A silence came and neither of them said anything for a few seconds,
"So, you're not gonna talk to A-"
"No. I mean," Emily inhaled deeply,
"I don't know. It's not that simple."

"They're already here in Rosewood, Emily. You know it's a small town, so unless you lock yourself in your apartment the whole weekend, you'll eventually see them, see her." Spencer explained and Emily knew she was right.
On the other hand, staying home the whole weekend didn't seem the worst thing ever.