• Chapter 2 •

• • •
8 years ago

The day after the bathroom conversation, Emily had come to school with Hanna who had forced the brunette to stay at her house for the night. Neither Hanna or Spencer was going to let Emily go back to her house, at least not alone.
So they eventually agreed that she would stay a few times at Spencer's or Hanna's.

Of course their parents' would be a problem, but Emily knew hers wouldn't call the others to ask if they had news of their daughter.
It's not that they didn't care, but Emily had ran away twice, and always came back. So they thought she'd do it again, cause she couldn't survive on her own.

But this time, the brunette wasn't so sure about that, since her father almost killed her, for the second time.

The first time, was 7 months ago, her parents came home after work and found Emily in her room listening to music. A completely normal scenario, until of course her father asked the girl to come downstairs. She did so and they all had dinner, and her father complained about the food his wife had cooked. Pam Fields never defended her daughter from her husband's violence, and he wasn't exactly a sweetheart with the older woman either.

"What kind of food is this?! I already have to deal with a stupid, irresponsible teenager and now my wife can't even cook an acceptable meal for her husband?" He asked angrily, both Emily and her mom shivered a little.

As he kept criticizing his wife, Emily saw him raising his hand, ready to hit her.
Normally, you wouldn't protect someone who has never protected you, someone who has actually done the opposite. But for some reason, Emily gained the courage to stand up,
"Stop! Don't hit her."

Wayne was even angrier now, how could he allow his daughter to tell him what he could or not do?
"Who do you think you are to tell me what to do?" He asked, now leaving his wife alone and stepping towards Emily slowly. Each step he took, she backed away another.

"She-she's just tired from work, give her a break." To be honest, the girl didn't know from where all this speaking was coming from. Usually she'd stay as quiet as possible to not get beaten by her father.

"And I am tired from hearing you speak!" A slap was heard and Emily knew she had fucked up when she cursed under her breath, not low enough for her father not to hear.

"Oh so now I also have to teach you manners?!" He grabbed her neck with one hand and pushed her against the wall.

The brunette already struggled to breathe as her feet barely touched the ground.
"I swear that sometimes I really wished I could just kill you." He said in a whisper, close to her face,
"You bring nothing but disappointment to this family. I've been feeding a person that doens't even deserve the air they breathe."

Emily didn't know what hurt more, the physical pain she had suffered, not just from today but also from past events like this one, or the emotional pain from hearing her own father say things like that, while her mother stood quiet and looked at the floor.

"Than... be a man... and do... it." The brunette managed to get out between gasps mixed with sobs.

She knew this would be her end. And Wayne knew it too. He pushed her to the floor and started to kick her stomach, screams of pain filled the whole house. He usually made the worse injuries in places where she could hide with her clothes. But this time he didn't even care and knelt down next to her and punched her face a few times.