Chapter 38

NOT EDITED.

~Playlist for this chapter~
Joan of Arc - LM5 - Little Mix.

For all my Hindi Listeners:
Gunji si hai song- Kyu Ho gaya naa movie 

****

'Humans can't escape certain things in life...change, tears, problems, death, and Google...'

I frown as I close the college newspaper and deposit it back on the magazine stand. What kind of shit does our magazine post nowadays?

"Ahana...is that you?" Yash's booming voice echoes in the foyer before I am engulfed in a tight hug.

"Yeah! Yeah! Now don't cry like a baby. I missed you too." I speak as I dramatically pat his back. We separate and my eyes fall on Agni who is clad in one of...Yash's T-shirt? I don't question much about it but exchange my pleasantries with her before we walk in the canteen. A small smile light on my face as I bask in the familiarity of the chaotic place.

I missed the college's canteen.

I had finally gathered up enough courage to come to the college and face all my friends which I was hell-bent on avoiding since a week now. Practically speaking, Vivaan dragged me out of my house at seven in the morning and stuffed me in his car. The asshole disappeared after a 'face your fear' pep talk and a forehead peck.

So much for cheerleading!

I had a quick deja-vu of my first day in the kindergarten. My mom showed no mercy as she left me there to cry all day.

I spot my friends sitting on the corner table, few of them missing. Pragati is the first person to notice me and she almost leaps across the table to hug me. My little hugging bug.

"Are you crying Pragati? Sheesh! I am not dying!"

"Don't talk like that." Pragati snaps at me as her small form rams into me and squeezes all the oxygen out of my lungs. Shlok welcomes me with a small hug before declaring that he has volleyball practice. I occupy his vacant seat and am immediately ambushed by a very hyper-active meme queen.

"Are my eyes betraying me or am I seeing Agni in Yash's T-shirt?" Tanvi whispers furiously.

Pragati opens her mouth to say something but Tanvi beats her to it. "Don't even ask me how I know that. I specifically remember this T-shirt as Shlok's gift for Yash's eighteenth birthday."

A snicker escapes my mouth as I eye the print of the T-shirt. This is definitely Shlok's choice.

 This is definitely Shlok's choice