Chapter 19

NOT EDITED.

26K reads! Thank you so much guys!Our book is now featured in the "Trending TeenFiction list".

***

~Playlist for this chapter~
For You - Liam Payne, Rita Ora.

For all my Hindi Listeners:
Dholna song - Dil toh pagal hai.

****

I sit with Rajeev. In his car as rain pours down the glass windows.

The eerie silence in the car is filled by the vexing sound of the wiper. It rigorously moves back and forth before the raindrops drain down their hard work, fogging the windscreen again.

Romantic? No.

I shift a little toward my left. He inhales sharply. I rest my hand at the side. He shifts his hand away from the gearbox.

Awkward? Yes.

This car brought back so many memories that I almost had a mini heart attack when I spot it at a distance in the heavy rain. I was surprised that he still had this car. Despite having an old torn leather seat, non-working A.C., partly working music system and whatnot.

The eerie silence of the car gnaws at the peace of my mind. I try to think of something else.

But how can you heal when your heart finds his house again and your eyes try to drink it in?

The new changes. There aren't many changes.

The old leather of the seat still has that stinking smell that makes me want to throw up. He still had that rose perfume that I used to bring him. That he used to hate so much.

**

I removed the car freshener from my bag and attached it to the AC of the car.

"Here! See? It smells so nice now." I took a long, deep breath as he stared at me with a teasing smile on his face. His right dimple popping out.

"Rose? Really." I scoffed. Ungrateful brat.

"Shut up and drive. I don't want to be late for the college."

He grumbled something under his breath. I huffed, outstretching my hand to take the perfume back.

"Don't."