Chapter 12

RE-EDITED.

~Playlist for this chapter~

Your song - Rita Ora

For all my Hindi Listeners:
Enna sona - Ok Jaanu movie.

****

"What the hell!"

Tanvi exclaims as soon as her eyes fall on me, her fingers hovering over her camera option. With one blinding flash, she captures my picture before pocketing her phone. I glare at her and rub my itchy nose.

With a huge white bandage on my forehead and chin, I almost resemble a modern mummy walking around wearing jeans and t-shirt, sneezing everywhere and spreading her germs to every corner of the college.

I tripped, banged my head against the railing and fell face first on the ground yesterday. It wasn't even the worst part. I got delivered to the medical cell by none other than the red bag douchebag himself. My memory after that was blurring but I can remember hearing his laugh as he carried me all the way to the cell

How did he come to my rescue?

I don't know since I was busy cursing my special rainy shoes. It's 'extremely flexible and durable construction, soft footbed, latex padding and excellent slip resistance properties' had cost me two thousand bucks.

Affordable price my ass! I was going to sue the fraud shoe seller.

I found myself completely patched up when I regained my consciousness. When I was sure that I had none of my body parts missing, I swung my legs from the uncomfortable rexine mattress.

It wasn't until I reached for my bag did my eyes fell on my outstretched hand.

Did ants poop on my hand?

Handwriting. A very messy handwriting lay scrawled on my arm. I had to practically squint my eyes to read the black ink of the marker. I was fuming inside when his words registered in my brain.

~

Ur coconut head madea dent in d steel railing. U got it hard Kitty ;)

-Ur pnce m shining ammor.

~

After staring at this piece of art for ten minutes straight, I concluded:

A) The boy was running out of space on my tiny arms.

B) The boy was none other than the red bag douchebag.

C) Why Kitty? People often called me hyena because of my loud, weird laughs but not Kitty.

D) He used cryptography and now I needed Java to decode it.

E) Did he really made that winky face on my arm?

So what if I made a dent in the railing?

It wasn't my first time. I even made a dent in my refrigerator when I was seven. My mom forced me to wear a long ghaghra. The only thing she didn't teach me was how to walk in them.

(Ghaghra - long flowy skirt.)

What's worst? The asshole had used a permanent marker on my skin. Well, at least he didn't use my bandaged face as his notepad. Dhakkan.