Chapter 6

NOT EDITED

~Playlist for this chapter~
I miss you - Clean Bandit

For all my Hindi Listeners:
Ishq Shava song - Jab Tuk Hai Jaan movie.

****

It is quiet here.

Faint hoots and screams from the chaotic stands bounce through the empty corridors. The basement is built just below the stands. It has various doors adorning both the walls of the corridors. The flickering tube lights and the deafening silence draws a perfect picture of the scenario, straight out of a crime scene. It stinks like phenyl and sweat down here.

Very short time is left for the match to start. I have to do something. Fast.

After countless corridors and turns, I almost fall on my knees when I finally spot the door. Adorned with flags and posters. Our college name is scribbled down messily on the board. I knock twice or thrice loudly before opening the door.

You never enter a boy's changing room. Just like that.

I expect to hear boastful howls and pumped up hoots from the room but all I meet is silence. Complete silence. Shit. Shit.

I cover my nose as soon as the strong odor hits me when I step into the room. The room stinks of sweat and strong deodorant. All rolled in one. Various lockers decorate the wall on one side and several benches are strewn across the room randomly.

I barely have time to take notice of the messy state of the room before I dash out, loudly banging the door behind.

A low sound of the whistle echoes from the stand. I pick up my pace, my shoes slap against the floor, th noise bounces in the corridor. Turns after turns. I run with all my might until my lungs burn for air.

I have to get to the ground before the match starts.

However, my legs come to a screeching halt as I turn left. There he is walking in the corridor with someone. Towards me. All in flesh and bones. His tall frame blocking my way.

Flight.

I can keep on walking and behave like I don't know him, escaping completely unnoticed with my sharp ninja skills.

Fight.

I can walk up to him and greet him with a huge smile. Maybe even hug him like we are some long lost friends. Be the mature and the bigger person. Ask him about that girl he was hanging out with around in the canteen that day.

Since the second option isn't an option for me, so naturally, I tackle the problem my style. I frantically look around and dive into the first room that is nearest to me. It turns out to be a washroom.

A gent's washroom.

I lean against the dusty wall and release a deep sigh as the voices grow louder and louder with every passing second. How the hell did I manage to get myself into this situation?

**

HALF AN HOUR AGO...

The perks of having a match on our college grounds is that we don't need to wake up early and reach college to stand in long queues. The queue for us, college students is short and sweet with lenient security checking by our college seniors.