Chapter 7- I Want To Play A Game

Start from the beginning

Granted what happened the last time I tried to get out of cuffs I was stabbed in the hand which then led to me getting burned, I wasn’t chomping at the bit to do something stupid. Still I tried tugging a little harder hoping that the chains would give away. They didn’t.

A few hours later the door opened again, blinding me with the light and someone hauled me up. I could only assume it was a man as they towered over me, but my vision wasn’t coming back as quick as I’d like it.

“Where am I?” I asked but they remained silent.

I briefly thought I could knock the guy out and run to my escape but there were numerous problems with that plan. First I was still drugged as my limbs were still very rubbery, second I had no idea what the layout of the place was meaning I’d get lost, third I couldn’t abandon Iris here to fend for herself and fourth the man had a gun.

I let the silence consume us as we walked, well he walked I stumbled, along the beige hallway with bright lights. We soon stopped at a door and he punched something in before continuing to drag me along. It was a separate hallway but these walls were more decorative, being painted a dark deep red with molding across the top and bottom. Some pictures hung across the wall and this place reminded me more of a nicely decorated home then a prison.

I took a closer look at the pictures on the walls and found them to be portraits of people who were brutally murdered. My stomach twisted as I saw people with their heads decapitated, people with the intestines strewn across the pavement, one person had been skinned and the other was dancing around with the flesh as if it were a piece of fabric.

My stomach rolled and I forced my eyes to the ground knowing that if I had eaten something it would’ve been on the floor by now.

I was used to seeing death, I just wasn’t used to seeing it so brutally done.

I only knew we entered another room by the change in carpet and finally looked up to see a large wooden desk with a leather chair sitting behind it. The room was empty of everything else, not having any books or a computer or even a lamp to sit on the desk. I was forced to my knees in front of said desk and had my hands rebound before the man left without a word.

I remained quiet as I scanned the room hoping for something to clue me in as to what was going on but found myself coming up short. They had nothing in here to tell me anything.

A few minutes later the door opened and I saw the men drag Iris in and force her to her knees besides me. Questions sprung to my lips but I kept them shut until the men left again and locked the door.

“Any ideas?” Iris merely asked while she scanned the room.

“I have no idea where we are or who took us,” I looked around the room again. “But I have a good guess.”

“Oh I would love to hear this one,” Iris and I both crane our necks to see a man walk through the door before it shut.

He had dark curly hair that instead of it looking like a perm gone wrong, looked more sophisticated. He was dressed in a nice suit and his shoes shined too brightly meaning they probably came out of the box earlier today. He had a nice watch on his wrist that glinted almost as much as the mad look in his eye.

“You’re the Reapers,” I didn’t need to go in elaborate detail, he knew they were and he probably knew who we were.

“Yes, but most people just call me Sebastian,” He sat behind the desk and leaned forward folding his hands and looking between the two of us. “Aura Carter back from the grave, quite a shocker isn’t it?”

Part of me wanted to lie and say I was someone else but that was a stupid thing to say and do at this time. While everyone else may think I’m dead, there were still the few that thought I still walked around, and it would be stupid to cross them, especially if I’m cuffed in their office.