Chapter 1

Hey guys, this is actually my first proper story, and i'm hoping to get some feedback to try and improve it... pls comment. Thanks so much for checking it out!!

The picture over there is Melanie ----->

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I pass by the secretary and I see Lina sitting at her desk, talking to my parents. " Good morning, Lina.", I say, walking towards her desk. "Speaking of the devil, hello Melanie. I was just talking to your parents about you. I can't believe that you are finally in Chapman!" she replied. I walk over towards her and she envelopes me in a big hug. I wanted to remind her that I'm not 6 anymore, but I decided against it. I mean, she's my aunt and I haven't seen her since I was 6! Then my dad gave me a warning look that basically means " don't call your aunt by her name, its rude!" so, I just gave my dad a sugary sweet smile and he rolled his eyes. He can be such a pain sometimes.

So, okay, maybe I should start from the top. I mean, you must be pretty confused by now. Okay, here I go.

Imagine this. You're the prettiest girl in school. You get straight A's on all your tests. You're the head prefect as well as sports captain. You have the hottest boyfriend and all the guys in school are dying to get your phone number. But then, something bad happens, something very bad, and you are forced to move. You lose everything, but you can't change the past.

If you're wondering who that girl is, well, stop wondering, that girl, is me. My name is Melanie Jane Rose, and I'm 18 this year. I'm from England, but my family and I have just moved here, to Manhattan. From laid-back Europe, to fast paced America, here I am.

I sit down at the desk next to my parents and opposite Lina, and start filling up the forms. Moving is so stressful, I mean, finding a new school, getting a place to live, getting used to the place, making new friends, getting a job... Good God! And some people actually enjoy moving.

After filling up all the forms, I hitch my backpack a little bit higher, and head off to my first class. As I walk through the door, I receive weird glances and a couple of stares. And then, I see her. Someone I hoped I would never meet again... Trisha Phantom. My blood froze and I could hardly breathe. This was the same Trisha who ruined my life in grade school. Just then, someone runs right into me, causing me to almost fall. I look up and it was Jack...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay!! so what do you guys think of chapter 1? Pls give me some feedback. pls comment, like, vote and tell your friends. Thanks so much for checking out chapter one. I'll upload a new chapter every saturday or sunday. Please continue reading... it means a lot to me