Chapter 2

It was lunch time and something was off. Most people didn't notice, but there were a few looking around trying to place their finger on it. That was when Piper noticed the Poseidon table, then the Athena table. There were two people missing.

She looked around to see if anyone else had noticed yet, making eye-contact with Jason then Chiron. He gave her a small nod and she and her boyfriend got out of their seats.

Now it wasn't unusual for Percy and Annabeth to be off by themselves somewhere while the rest of the camp was somewhere else entirely, and nobody cared (I guess being two time Heroes of Olympus gets you that privilege), but it was a very rare occasion if Percy missed a meal. The last time one of them went missing he was gone for eight months, that isn't something they wanted to risk again. So Piper and Jason went to look for them.

"I bet it's nothing to worry about" Jason said, feeling Piper's anxiety, "We'll walk into cabin three find them in some compromising position and end up with all four of us embarrassed."

His plan worked and he saw her smile a little. "You're probably right." Piper sighed, He sent her a curious look with a raised eyebrow. "It's probably nothing." She said.

They knocked on the door to cabin three, then opened the door. It was empty. Not only empty from people, everything was gone. All of Percy's belongings. Gone.

"Jason..." she said troublingly.

"I know." He answered. "Let's just check the Athena cabin. Okay?"

She nodded and they set off for cabin six. Okay, now I'm confused. Jason thought. When they got there. All of Annabeth's things were here. They were both gone but only Percy's things were missing.

"C'mon, let's just keep looking. I mean we've only checked two places. Let's keep looking"

Annabeth just sat there. A sobbing. She wasn't exactly sure how long she'd been sat on that beach but it felt like an eternity ago when she went for her walk with Percy.

We've been together for four years, and now he's gone. She heard footsteps running towards her. Her heart filled with hope. It's him he's coming back for me to say he's sorry.

She looked up praying to see his black hair and sea green eyes in front of her. Just Piper and Jason, looking half relieved and half worried. However right now she couldn't have cared less. She was heartbroken.

"Annabeth! Thank Zeus!" Piper breathed, she seemed to be out of breath and Annabeth didn't really understand why.

As Piper got closer she saw the redness in Annabeth's eyes, the tear stains on her clothes and she noticed the fact that Annabeth was alone.

Piper approached. "Annabeth?" She asked, "Where's Percy? You two have been missing for hours." She phrased it as a question but deep down she knew exactly what had happened.

"He left me!" Annabeth spat out between sobs.

All this time Jason had just been taking in the scene, but now he understood. Percy's room cleared out, Annabeth crying alone. It clicked. He'd dumped her. But what he couldn't understand is why. He didn't understand.

Piper was hugging a shaking Annabeth now, so he just rested his hand on her shoulder. "It's okay. I'm gonna find him, kick his rear. I promise."

"Tha...Thanks Jason." She gave a choked laugh which slowly changed back to her sobbing again.

He looked at Piper and saw her face was furious. Maybe she's the one Percy should be afraid of right now. "Yes, and once Jason brings him back he'll have me to deal with."

With that Piper helped Annabeth, who was still crying, up and hugged her all the way back to her cabin.

Jason looked over at the ocean. "You idiot, Jackson, what have you done?"