Preyna (Percy Jackson x Reyna)

Suggested by bookhunter394

Picture by kingburu on Tumblr

Ah yes, another very pointless ship that Rick put into the series. But this one is a special kind of pointless because, for one, Percy was already with Annabeth, and two, this ship only got a single line. Sure, plenty of people ship things that only had a miniscule moment. I myself have talked about those kinds of ships on ship books. But those ships...are never with romantic intent? They're just random moments? Rick stated, even on Twitter, that Preyna was 100% intentional, that Reyna had legit feelings for Percy. (Which he used to justify that Reyna is not a lesbian back on Twitter). And here I ask...why?

Honestly I'm starting to think Rick just wants Percy to be crushed on by everyone. For all I know Percy was secretly inspired by a mancrush Rick had back in his school days, which is why Rick sees Percy as the most gorgeous teenager ever and makes everyone have the hots for him. That's literally the only point Preyna has to be sorta canon, which is why I am genuinely questioning why would people ship this. They have a single line to cement the one-sided crush, and that's it.

 I'm assuming the shippers just want to put Annabeth away from Percy, for some strange reason, but they still ship Percy with someone so similar to Annabeth, which is odd. Maybe they just have a specific reason to not like Percabeth, but I don't know, I still think it's dumb to stop Percabeth and ship something so similar. Especially when that similar ship has almost nothing going for it.

I don't really hate this, because tbh it's harmless, but at the same time I think this is the most pointless ship in the ENTIRE series, which makes me dislike the ship. I'll never get why would anyone ship this, or why that one-sided crush even existed.

Score: 3.5/10