And so, I would try my best.

* * *

We touched down and found our baggage quickly. Shawn was waiting for us at the pickup area with an SUV, all smiles and a little bit of a tan.

The first thing I did was embrace him.

His strong arms wrapped around me and healed a small part that had cracked the day he left. My brother and I had our differences, but we were always close no matter what. Him moving didn't change that.

"You suck for moving so far away," I mumbled into his chest.

His arms tightened around me. "I know."

I pulled away for everyone else to greet him with hugs, watching him move to Megan next.

"How's school?" he asked.

"Almost over."

They both laughed within the embrace.

Blair and Tony greeted him and then we all climbed into the car.

"So, is this a rental?" I asked, referring to the car.

"No, it's my boss's," Shawn informed. "It stays here for when he comes to Tampa."

"This guy must be loaded."

"Yeah. You guys are gonna freak when you see this house," he said.

The drive wasn't far. Maybe ten minutes, and then we were pulling down a lengthy brick driveway. Shawn wasn't kidding when he said we would freak.

"Holy shit," Blair whispered from the backseat.

"Holy shit indeed," I agreed.

The house had a post-modern exterior. White, square and rectangular walls reflected the sunlight and complimented the red brick driveway. Shrubs and plants also gave it some color. How much did this guy make?

"The inside is even better," Shawn said as he climbed out of the borrowed car.

We grabbed our bags and followed him inside. The interior matched the outside, sleek and symmetrical furniture caught my eyes. It had the most beautiful chandelier hanging above the walkway, and the natural light made the house glow. The far wall was lined with windows, allowing us to see that there was, in fact, a pool. I shouldn't have expected any less.

"There isn't a bad room either," Shawn claimed. "Why don't you guys put your stuff up and we grab some dinner?"

"Sounds good to me," I answered, taking Megan's hand and leading her up the stairs. Blair and Tony followed behind.

When we made it to the bedrooms, Blair and I peered inside the first room.

"Is that a-?"

"Balcony," I finished. "We call dibs!"

"Bull! I saw it first!"

Then Blair and I proceeded to attempt to shove the other out of the room. Inevitably, I won.

"Finders keepers!" I teased.

Blair just rolled her eyes and stomped down the hall with Tony laughing at her side.

"I'm dating a child," Megan mumbled.

I looked at her. "I thought you knew this?"

She laughed as we both placed our bags on the bed. Then, we faced each other.

"Are you happy?" I asked.

"Yes. I needed to get away..." She stepped closer and ran her fingers through my hair. "We needed to get away."