Chapter 1

Were currently moving to a new house in England. It was quite big, bigger than our last house in fact. The furniture was still inside too.

"Mattie put your things inside your room!" Alfred shouted while going to the Kitchen. Oh he's my brother by the way.

I went downstairs to our car and opened the boot. I carried my luggage all the way to my room on the second floor.

By what the caretaker told us this house once belonged to a man.  But, he died without anybody knowing so this house was then brought up for sale.

"Woah. . .  This room is quite big. Maybe this was the one the past owner used." While taking in the beautiful room I found a red box with gold carvings. "What's this? Did the caretaker leave this behind by any chance."

'Arthur Kirkland' was etched on the box in gold letters. Being curious I decided to open the box.

Upon opening it. Inside I found a lone letter. No address was written at the back so I assumed it wasn't mailed.

I took the letter and held it in my palm. The paper was rather old and dust was starting to collect itself. But the letter wasn't crumpled. So I assumed it was sitting here for a long time.

I was about to open the letter when suddenly. . .

"Mattie come down were having hamburgers for dinner! And pancakes for dessert!"

I guess I'll open it later.

"So do you like the house? Have you started to get comfortable with it?" Alfred asked me. He always asks for the most obvious things.

"Of course. Its big and clean. Plus its peaceful here too. No sense of danger anywhere." I answered back.

I remembered about the letter and started to eat quickly.

"Woah! What's the rush dude nobody's chasing you ya' know?"

"Thanks for the food Al. I found something interesting so I'll go check it out. See you tomorrow!" 

I hurried past Alfred and literally ran up the stairs. I don't know why but I had this gut feeling deep inside me that I need to read that letter. No matter what.

I arrived inside the room with a thud as I fell on the bed. I took the letter by the box and started to read it.

"Here goes nothing."

Dear whoever is reading this,

This is Arthur writing. I know once you find this letter I may not be in this world anymore.

I was always alone. My siblings abandoned me and my parents died at an early age. I then started to become sickly as time went by.

Then the day came that I was prepared to die. I was prepared to finish it all.

Then he came.
He brought color to my world once more.
He gave me a reason to live.

Although he was loud, crazy strong and utterly downright annoying.
In short he was a wanker.

But I was always looking forward to his visits.

Then one day it stopped.
He suddenly disappeared without a trace.
Like a bubble bursting into thin air.

My sickness grew worse day by day.
I didn't even know if I'll still be able to make it by tomorrow.

So I thought about it.
If my life is gonna end before yours.
At least let me say these words to you.

Thank You.

You brought back the color to my gray world.
You brought back the voice I always wanted to hear.
You brought me back to this world.

Thank You.

Thank You.

Thank You.

Somehow I feel like these words will never be enough for all of the things you've done for me.

Thank You Alfred.

I'm giving the house to you. Use it in anyway you want.

Goodbye Alfred.

I Love You. . .

-Arthur Kirkland

The tears were now falling from my eyes.

The owner of this house. Arthur. He knew my brother. I see. It's all clear now. That's why Alfred wanted to move in right away.

I would've wanted to get to know more about you. Arthur.

Don't worry Alfred is doing fine.

I'll watch over him for you.

Rest In Peace.

•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|

End

•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•

A/n:

It's over. Finally. This is my first time publishing a USUK story.😳

I've always had them in my drafts but I was a bit hesitant.
Cause they were short. 😆

This was supposed to be a one shot but let me know in the comments below if you want this to be a story.

READ 👀
VOTE 🌌
COMMENT 😆

Enjoy!!