Chapter 26- The Note

Bắt đầu từ đầu

I froze.

Wait a minute.

This whole thing was planned by Asher? Well Emilio.

Why would he do that? That doesn't make any sense. When I was with him he didn't seem like he was the one who planned it. It felt like he had no idea what was going on.

"Shocked huh?" Kyle walks towards me.

The closer he walks my breathes are becoming faster. My body starts to tense up. There's is something off about this guy and I don't think I want to find out.

"Don't let him fool you Lexi. He will act all innocent but in reality all he cares about is taking you down." He leans down near my ears.

"Just make sure you watch your back. It would be ashamed if someone found out who you really are over some boy." I could feel the smirk in his voice.

He leans back and walks past me in silence. He walks towards the door and grips the door handle. He begins to turn it but stop and looks at me.

"I'll see you later Lexi." He says and then finally walks out.

I stood there in shock. I can't believe that this whole time it was really Emilio planned this whole thing. Did he want me to die just so he could win?

Or was it so that for the next time we fight he would have an easy target right at my hip. My eyebrows grew together as I tightened the grip on my strap to my bag.

I need to leave. I need to do something before I go mad. I storm out of the building and go straight to my bike. All I could see was red.

The pain in my hip went away due to me being extremely angry. I hopped on my bike and drove off back to my house.

Minutes later I arrived at my house and went straight inside. I through my bag into the living room and went upstairs into my room.

I changed out of the Emilio's clothes and put on a pair of black leggings and a white long sleeve shirt. I through on a pair of sneakers and grabbed my car keys.

I go outside and head straight to my car. Opening the door, sitting down, then slamming the door I start up the car and head to the gym.

A few minutes later I finally arrive due to me practically speeding down the roads. I turn off the engine and head inside the building.

I spot Alex at the counter looking down at a magazine. When I walked he tilts his head up for a split second and looks back down.

He then looks back up again and his eyes widen in shock as his jaw drops. I go up to the counter and lean against it.

Just seeing Alex made my anger go down by a lot. I could never be mad around him. I mean I could be annoyed but never truly mad.

Alex then jumps over the counter and brings me into a bone crushing hug. I instantly hug him back.

"Oh my god you're okay." Alex cries.

He hugs me even tighter and I start to loose my breathing.

"Alex I can't breathe." I laugh a little.

He instantly lets go and laughs a little bit too.

"Sorry I was just really worried about you because I saw what happened and I thought I lost you." He says rubbing the back of his neck.

"It's okay Alex. Also I'm here now I'm okay." I smile at him.

"Let's go into the back room and talk so that no one over hears our conversation since you have a lot to tell me." He says.

I simply nod and we start to head towards the back. He takes his keys out of his pocket and unlocks the doors.

I go to the bench while he sits on the mats. I take a deep breathe and tried to relax myself.

"OKay so tell me what exactly happened." Alex starts.

"Well," I start off.

I then told him the whole story. From when I got shot until now. I know I can trust Alex. I told him about Maria knowing about my secret and what Kyle told me not that long ago.

Alex stayed silent the whole time and just nodded at everything. He didn't interrupt at all which was a good thing because I would've gotten annoyed to easily.

"So where is your scar?" He asked.

"It's on my hip. Do you want to see it?" I replied.

He simply nodded his head and I took a deep breathe. I stood up and put my thumbs on the insides of my pants. I then pulled down the right side just enough for him to see the wound.

His eyes widen in shock as his jaw drops. he comes closer to it and brings his hand up near it. he gently rubs his thumb across it examining it.

"I'm so sorry Dallas." He whispers.

"It's okay." I pull my pants back up. "Were you the one who held the gun that shot me?"

He nods his head no.

"Then there's no reason to apologize if you didn't do it." I say to him.

"I know but none of this should've happened. Like it's all just weird. Why would someone go for your hip out of all places?" he stands up and looks at me.

"That's what I'm trying to figure out. From what Kyle told me it was all planned by Asher." I shrugged.

"That doesn't make sense either. From the point of view I saw it looked like it was going. to hit Asher and not you." He explains.

"That's what I said too. I thought I was just going crazy." I say in shock.

"Yeah something is off about this." Alex rubs his chin.

"Well if I find out anything new I will let you know." I informed him.

"Alright Dallas. I hope you feel better." Alex hugs me.

"Thank you." I hug him back.

We hug for a few more seconds and then release from each other. We head out and I leave the building. I hop into my car and head home.

As soon as I get home I head upstairs into my room. I look around and notice it was a little bit messy. I decided it was time to clean my room.

I start picking up all the clothes in my room first and throwing them into the dirty basket. As I was picking up a pair of pants a small piece of blue paper fall out.

I quickly remember that it was from my bike that someone left there. I bend over and pick it up. I slowly open it and began reading it.

My eyes widen in shock. Panic rises in my body as I continue to read the note.

This is only the beginning Lexi. Or should I say.. Dallas?

The gun shot was not no accident.

I am in real deep danger and I don't know what will happen or who is behind this.

Sh*t

____________________________________

Was Dallas really going to kiss Emilio? Was it only because she was in the moment? Was it weird that Kyle was at the ring? What does Kyle mean by what he said? Was it really all planned by Asher? Should she believe Kyle? What about Alex? Is he really there for Dallas? What about the note? What is Dallas going to do about it? Is she going to tell Alex? Is her life in danger? Who wrote the note? Who knows her secret? Is she really safe? Could it be Asher?
What will happen next?
Find out in...
I Punched Emilio Martinez
10/13/18