Chapter 17

Chapter 17- 

I didn't sleep at all last night. Not just because my hand was as sore as hell, but my mind couldn't wipe the image of that single tear that ran down Louis' face. It was just one tear but it had so much sadness and mystery in it. I needed to talk to him but how? He probably won't be at University today and I know he will avoid me as much as possible. I actually wouldn't be surprised if he was half way across the country by now. I sighed and examined my hand, seeing the angry looking blisters and swelling and I sighed. I got up and went to the bathroom, groaning as I saw my reflection. My eyes had dark bags under them, my hair was all over the place and I was pale looking. I looked at my shoulder and sighed. I tried to put my burnt hand under some cold water but it ended up with me almost screaming in pain. I decided to wrap it up in a bandage before getting dressed into some jeans and a plain grey t-shirt and some converse. I walked down the stairs and sighed. The place had a eerie silence and it sent shivers down my spine. Maybe moving to Doncaster was a bad idea. I sort of missed being in my grandmothers old house. I missed Paisley and the familiar town and even being a two minute drive to see my family. I shook my head and grabbed my car keys, not feeling very hungry anymore, grabbing my laptop and heading out. 

 I came to a stop outside the university and sighed again. I really didn't feel like being here. I climbed out my car, grabbing my laptop and locking it. I walked threw the gate and into the building itself. I slowly made my way through the hallways, feeling drained of all life when I saw him. Louis. He walking down the hallway with his head down. I just wanted to run up to him and hug him but I knew it was only going to make things worse. So for some reason, I stepped to the side and let him pass me, without even saying a word. He would probably run away anyways. As I watched him walk past, I swear I could hear him softly sniffing and it tugged at my heart knowing that he could probably be crying. I watched as he walked out to the courtyard and I took a deep breath, deciding to follow him and see if I can see any sign of him crying. I opened the door and looked all over for him but I couldn't see him anywhere but I caught sight of Liam, Zayn and what looked like to me was Niall? I walked up to them and they grinned. "Harry!" They cheered and I laughed. "What have I missed?" I asked and the chuckled. "You weren't here yesterday!" Liam said and I smiled. "Yeah, I had this terrible headache. I thought I was going to pass out it was that bad." I lied but they seemed to believe me. "What did you do to your hand?!" Niall exclaimed and I chuckled. "Pretty stupid really, I was cooking last night and for some reason I rested my hand on the stove... But forgot the hot plate was on." I said and he rolled his eyes. "You must of been out of it." He said and I nodded.

 "So what you doing this afternoon? Probably hang out with Louis again hey?" Zayn asked, rolling his eyes at Louis' name. "First, show some respect please. Second, I was actually thinking of going to Cheshire to see my family." I said and they nodded, not really knowing what that meant apart from Liam. He gave me a sympathetic look but I just shook it off with a smile. "Where is Louis anyways?" Zayn asked and I looked around, to see if I can see him but I couldn't. I sighed and shrugged. "No idea. Listen guys, I am going to get going. I don't feel in the mood to be here." I said and the frowned. "But you will miss class again." Niall said and I shrugged. "Its alright. I will catch up tomorrow." I said. I said goodbye and headed back out the University. Just thinking about Louis being here hurt and I didn't want to stay here. So I got back into my car and made my way back to Cheshire. Maybe I can go visit Paisley too, see my old house. As I drove down the road, I saw the familiar brown feathery hair and all the tattoos that covered his arm. He was just walking, keeping his head down and I sighed, slowing down so I was next to him. I put the window of the passenger side down so he could hear me. "Louis." I called and his gaze snapped up to look at me. His eyes were red and puffy, cheeks stained with tear tracks. "Go away." He said and walked faster. "Louis please don't do this!" I called but he kept his head down. "Louis will you just hear me out?" I asked and he soon stopped, looking at me. 

 I got out the car and walked towards him but he stepped back, shaking his head to tell me to not go closer. "I didn't tell you what was happening because I knew you would leave. Louis I can't lose you... If it means that I won't touch you ever again then so be it but please don't leave." I said as he looked down. "That's not the point Harry... My body is basically telling me that you have to stay away. I can't watch you get hurt Harry..." He said shakily. "I don't care about getting hurt Louis." I said and he sighed. "Well I do care about you getting hurt! Harry, I practically gave you 3rd degree burns just by touching you!" He said loudly but I could see the pain in his eyes. "I don't even know what the hell it means!" He said running his hands through his hair and tugging at it. "You told me the other day what happened to the other guy..." I said and his head snapped up. "That's not a option!" He snapped. "It is Louis..." I said stepping closer but he stepped back, his back hitting the wall behind him. "I won't do it. I won't. You have your whole life a head of you!! I have no life. I will never get older and I can never fall in love." He said looking down at his shoes. "You can Louis. You can have a life! So what if you are what you are?! That can't be the reason for you to stop believing in yourself! What is stopping you?" I asked. 

 "I don't know..." He answered eventually. I reached my hand out to place on his shoulder but he moved away. "Please don't Harry..." He said but I shook my head. "I'm not afraid you know." I said. "But I am." He whimpered as he sat down on the ground, back pressed firmly to the wall. I sat next to him, making sure to keep a distance. "Louis I don't want you to be scared. I want you to be the same. I don't want to see you hurting like this." I said but he shook his head. "You don't understand Harry... The longer I am around you, the stronger it is going to get." He said. "What will?" I asked, studying him carefully. "What I believed could never happen." He said and I frowned. "What's that?" I asked and this time, he looked up at me. His eyes were the brightest blue I have ever seen and I couldn't bring myself to look away. "I think I love you." He said and my breath hitched in my throat. What?!