Chapter 12

Chapter 12- 

I woke up with a groan and a pounding headache. I rubbed my eyes and looked around my bed, seeing my laptop on the side, the library book still open on the page and papers scattered everywhere. I must of fallen asleep doing my essay. I grabbed my phone from the side table, rubbing my eyes again and looking at the time. My eyes widened and I jumped out of bed, running to the bathroom and showering quickly before brushing my teeth and putting my shoes on after I got dressed in a pair of black jeans and white shirt before grabbing my laptop and library book and running down the stairs, getting my keys and wallet and running to the car. I was late already but I wanted to get to English before anyone else, to ask a few questions. I sped down the road and soon I was in front of the University. I parked the car and gulped as I saw Louis standing by the door, smoking. I wasn't sure if I wanted to speak to him because if he was... what I thought he was... It was sort of scary... I shook the thought out of my head and grabbed my laptop and the book before climbing out and heading towards Louis. I smiled as he looked at me. "Hey Louis." I said trying to sound happy and cheerful. "What's wrong with you?" He asked, blowing smoke from his nose. "What?" I asked, watching him roll his eyes. "You seem... On edge..." He said pushing himself off the wall as he stared at my laptop in my arms. "Woke up with a headache. I was busy doing that essay." I said and Louis nodded slowly.

 "You started yet?" I asked and Louis glared at me. "Nope." He said popping the "P". "Listen, I got to get going. I have a few questions to ask about it..." I said and watched Louis nod before I quickly walked away but I could feel his stare on the back of my head. I walked into the auditorium to see the professor sitting at his desk. I backed up and knocked on the door and the professor looked up at me and smiled. "Ah! Harry how is the essay going?" He asked and I smiled. "Its okay sir, but I just want you to check it for me. See if I am going in the right direction..." I said and he nodded. I opened my laptop up and went to the document, before handing it to him. I watched his eyes scan over the print and he nodded, smiled, frowned, and nodded again. "This is very good Harry. The way you describe the wolf. How his eyes glow, how large it is... Its very good and I can't wait to see the final product." He said and I smiled. I saw students start coming into the room and quite my gaze on Louis, who kept his head down and walked up to his desk. I grabbed my laptop and headed up to my table next to Louis. Once everyone was in the classroom, the professor started with the lesson. More about the creative essay. 

 "Alright who has actually put thought into their essays?" He asked and a few people put their hands up. "Great! So tell me... James! What is your version of a werewolf?" The professor asked and I watched as a black hair boy stood up. "I believe werewolves are vicious creatures. Will kill anything in sight. They are big, walk on two legs, claw like razors!" James said and I rolled my eyes. "Harry, what is your opinion?" He asked and I sighed, knowing this answer was coming. "I believe that werewolves can be vicious, unless the human can control the actions enough. I believe werewolves are big, but look more like wolves. They have big, gorgeous, glowing eyes that almost try to tell you a story. I believe the human pushes people away, afraid of they might hurt anyone that is close to them. The werewolf that scratches or bites a human, turns them into werewolves too. I also believe that it hurts... The transformation hurts whether its from human to werewolf or vice versa." I said and people stared at me with shock. "What would the temper be like?" The professor asked and I sighed. "It all depends. If you show signs of a threat, it will attack but if you show it that you will not harm it, it will show you mercy." I said and the professor smiled at me. "How about you Rita?" The professor asked but I zoned out. 

 "How do you know so much?" I heard next to me and I turned to see Louis staring at me and his eyes were a bright blue, with a almost worried look. "From this book." I said showing him and his eyes grew wide and now I was sure he was worried. "I know what you are..." I barely whispered and I watched his eyes widen in horror. "I'm not going to hurt you... And I won't tell anyone." I said and he relaxed slightly. "How?" He asked and I smiled slightly. "Your eyes gave it away..." I said and he frowned. "And the scars..." I said as he automatically placed his hand on the back of his neck. He didn't say anything for the rest of the lesson and when we were dismissed, he grabbed my forearm and dragged me out the university and towards the parking lot. "Okay slow down!" I said but he kept pulling me at a fast pace until finally we came to a stop at the end of it. "What do you know?" He asked and I sighed. "I know you were the werewolf that night when I was in the woods..." I said and he looked down. "I always attack..." He trailed off, glaring at the ground. "But when I saw it was you... It was like I had control for once." He whispered softly. 

 "Louis..." I trailed off but he backed away. "I will hurt you!" He snapped but I shook my head at him. "Louis you only push people away because you think you are dangerous! You need someone around you..." I said as he took a step back. He looked up at me with tears in his eyes and I smiled softly. "Louis I trust you... If you were going to hurt me, you would of done it by now... You would of killed me that day in the forest. You would of hurt me now." I said stepping closer to him but this time, he didn't back away. "I'm scared." He whispered and for the first time since I have known him, I felt sorry for him. I watched as a tear slid down his face and I knew... I have broken a wall... "Then let me be there for you." I said softly and he looked down as another tear fell but I quickly wiped it away with my thumb. He looked up at me shocked and I smiled but I stood in surprise as he wrapped his arms tightly around my waist and hugging me. I didn't spend a second longer as I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him back just as tightly. "Thank you." He said softly and I smiled. "Don't thank me... What are friends for?" I asked as he pulled away to look at me. "You really want to be my friend?" He asked and I chuckled. "Of course." I said and he sighed. "Harry..." He began but I shook my head. "I don't care Louis... You could be some vampire... Fairy for all I care! You can't stay alone forever." I said and he sighed. "But-" He began but I shook my head. "I'm not taking No for a answer." I said and he sighed. "Harry its dangerous." He said and I rolled my eyes, opening the book and showing him the page. "Right there! It says, The human that is a werewolf will change. Will make not only friends and family believe they are dangerous but themselves as well. Werewolves need people around them to keep them sane..." I said and he sighed.

 "Louis I don't care what you are going to say. If I thought you were dangerous and a murderer, I wouldn't be standing here right now." I said and his eyes were the brightest I have ever seen them before. "There is something about you that I can't figure out. Something made me take control on what I was doing Friday night. People say we don't remember what happens... But I watch as I kill... I watch everything that I was never able to control till that night seeing you there..." He said. "Its like no matter how much I want to push you away, I can't." This made me smile slightly. "Then trust me Louis... Trust me enough to know that I will not judge you on what you are... I want to help." I said. "I just need you to trust me." I watched as he stared at me, with his bright blue eyes and he gulped. I could see he was processing a answer, his eyes almost telling a story. "Okay." And that was all I needed before jumping and hugging him again, making him chuckle.