Chapter 20

Chapter 20-

I groaned and opened my eyes to see it was still dark. I looked down to see Louis was asleep, with his head on my lap. He was still a wolf of course, otherwise I wouldn’t be sitting here right now. I sighed and ran my hand through his fur and watched as his eyes opened and he looked up at me with those big blue eyes. “Sorry I didn’t mean to wake you.” I said but he just nuzzled his nose closer to me, making me chuckle. “Go back to sleep.” He said and I sighed, closing my eyes again and burying my face into his shoulder. “We will have to get up just now though.” He said softly and I nodded. I was just about to drift off back to sleep when there was growling coming from the distance, making Louis shoot up. “Stay here...” He said and I watched him walk to the entrance. I stood up and walked to the back of the cave, staying in the dark. Next thing Louis was barking and growling and then he was gone. I heard a lot of squealing, barking, growling and ripping. I just stayed in the corner, with my head on my knees and it felt like hours. 

 I snapped my head up when everything went quiet. I knew I shouldn’t leave the cave, but I wanted to see if Louis was okay. I stood up slowly and walked to the entrance, keeping my hand pressed firmly against the stone wall. I peaked round the corner and saw two wolves there, but one was on the floor and unconscious and I knew right away it was Louis. I gulped and tried to calm my breathing but the other wolf turned and eyed me with its red eyes. It growled and his teeth were showing as it slowly walked my way. I gulped and backed up into the cave which probably was the most stupid thing to ever do because now I had no where to go. I prayed he would just leave but it still came. I didn’t go to the back of the cave, and pressed my back firmly to stone wall. I watched in fear as the wolf stood in front of me, red eyes burning into me and I gulped. I brought my arms to my face trying to shield myself but before I could do anything, Louis pounced on the wolf, knocking him flying into the back wall off the cave. I gulped as I saw Louis turn into something that scared me. I watched as he ripped the wolf apart. I gulped and stood up quickly, walking to the entrance of the cave. I ran out the cave and stood beside it. I stood there, catching my breath. Not because I was tired, but because I was terrified to death right now. I brought my hands to my face but stopped when I saw 5 deep scratch marks down my arm. 

 I stopped breathing, eyes wide at the sight. “Harry?” I jumped when I saw wolf Louis standing there. His one eye looked swollen and he had many bite and scratch marks along his fur but what scared me was all the blood around his mouth and I knew it wasn’t his. I placed my arm behind my back and smiled. “Thank you Louis.” I said but I saw his eyes were dull. “I never wanted you to see that side of me... The side I can’t control.” He said but I just smiled. “Its okay Lou...” I said as I looked up seeing the sun rising. I could feel the blood slowly running through my hand and onto the floor. Next thing I knew, Louis was changing back to his normal self. He finally collapsed to the floor, breathing heavily. He was really beat up and scared. His eye was all swollen and blue and he seemed to be sleeping? I sighed and picked him up, and slowly made my way through the forest. I had no idea where we were going but I thought if I followed the lake I would find home. And thankfully, I was correct. I walked up to the sliding door and headed inside, taking Louis upstairs to my room and placing him softly on the bed. I sighed and went to the bathroom and got the medicine kit that my grandmother always told me to keep for emergencies. 

 I examined my arm and breathed out slightly. Maybe its not what it looks like... I really hope I am wrong. I wrapped my arm up after cleaning it and looked in the mirror, seeing the old burn marks on my shoulder. I frowned when I realized something. I picked Louis up and brought him hear. Human Louis. I grabbed the medicine kit and went out to Louis who was still lying on the bed. I walked up to him and placed my hand on his arm. Nothing. No burning! This is worse then I thought. I tried to not over think it all, and cleaned all Louis’ wounded, wrapping his head up where there was a large gash on. I sighed and sat on the side of the bed, on the floor. I looked at my arm with the bandage and sighed. What was going to happen now? Would Louis get angry? Or guilty? Will he leave? I was about ready to cry when I heard him stir. “Louis?” I whispered looking up to see him starring at me with a confused look. “How did I get here?” He asked and I smiled. “I carried you.” I said and his eyes widened. “Are you hurt? Didn’t it burn?” He asked examining my face and I shook my head. “How? Why?” He asked and I shrugged looking down. “Is there something you’re not telling me Harry?” He asked, his eyes panicked and alarmed. “Not exactly.” I said and he frowned. “What do you mean?” He asked.

 “I’m worried if I tell you, you will get angry and run away...” I said as he sat on the ground next to me. “Why would I do that?” He asked and I sighed before holding my arm out to him. He frowned and looked hesitant to touch me but soon did and unwrapped the bandage slowly. Once the cuts were visible he gasped and jumped away, starting to pace back and forth. “How did this happen?” He asked panicking and I gulped. “When you tackled that wolf away from me. You might of just... I don’t know I never felt it till I got out the cave.” I chocked and buried my face into my knees. I heard Louis stop pacing and next thing I knew he wrapped his arms around me tightly. “We will get through this, together. I won’t let you go through it alone.” He whispered and rocked us back and forth. “Promise?” I whispered, finally looking up to him and noticing how close he really was. “I promise. I know what it was like being alone... The first few months are the worst.” He said and I nodded. I didn’t want to believe this was all happening. I never thought in my wildest dreams this would be happening. “It will be alright Harry.” He said and I smiled. “I trust you.” I whispered and he smiled, hugging even tighter if that was possible. 

 “Come on, lets get it all bandaged again.” Louis said pulling away and smiling at me softly. He took the bandage and softly wrapped it around my arm before placing his lips lightly to it. I smiled and used my free hand to cup his cheek to make him look at me. He had tears in his eyes and I shook my head. “Don’t cry.” I said and wiped the small tear that fell down his cheek. “I didn’t want this life for you. I didn’t want you to go through what I have to.” He said and I smiled, moving a little closer. “I have you don’t I? If anything, I am almost glad. Scared but glad.” I said and he frowned. “Why?” He asked and I smiled, bringing my other hand to his neck. “Because now I can do this.” I whispered and leaned forward, attaching our lips together. I felt him stiffen for only a second before he finally relaxed and kissed back. I pulled away shortly after and I opened my eyes to see Louis’ eyes were still closed but he smiled. “I never thought I would get to do that...” He said softly before he opened his eyes and they showed a whole new level of blue. They sparkled so brightly with happiness and I just couldn’t help but smile. “Now you can do it when ever you want.” I said and he smiled, before placing his lips to mine again and pulling me closer, the pair of us smiling into the kiss.