Chunin Exams Begin!

Naruko sat at the training grounds alone in her thoughts.

She had mixed emotions that morning. She was happy that the Chunin exams were coming up in a week, and that Sakura was accepted as her Obaa-chan's apprentice. But... she was so confused at her current situation with the Sand Siblings.

What happened to them?

Why did they think she was dead?

Her thoughts were cut off when she sensed someone approach her.

"Naruko?" Sasuke appeared in front of her, concerned. Naruko sighed, "Hey Sasuke..." Sasuke sat down next to her quietly.

It was silent for a bit before Naruko broke it, "I assume you want to know what happened yesterday?"

Sasuke nodded, "If you don't mind."

As Naruko launched into her explanation. Sasuke was confused, "What's a Jinchuriki?"

Naruko froze. Could she tell him? If she told Sasuke about Gaara.... would she tell Sasuke about her?

She sighed, "A Jinchuriki.... is a person who has one of the Biju sealed inside them, like the Kyuubi."

Sasuke's eyes widened.

"Jinchuriki are seen as majorly important Weapons that are normally used in Wars. But every one of them, are feared and despised."

"Why do they fear Jinchuriki?" Sasuke asked.

Naruko looked up at the sky, "Sealing Techniques are one of the most complicated things to master in the Shinobi world, and people who don't understand it, tend to fear it. They see the Jinchuriki as the beasts they hold, instead of the jailer."

Sasuke nodded, feeling bad for them. 

Naruko looked at Sasuke straight in the eyes, leaning closer to him. Sasuke felt his heart skip a beat as he stared into her crystal blue eyes. 

Her eyes hold so much pain and sadness.... He thought.

"Sasuke." Her warm breath tickled as she leaned in. "Can you keep a secret?"

Sasuke nodded absentmindedly as his eyes trailed down to her plump, luscious lips.

Naruko stopped leaning in and pulled back much to Sasuke's dismay. "Sasuke. I- I... I'm a Jinchuriki... The Jinchuriki of the Kyuubi No Youko."

Sasuke gaped at Naruko, frozen in shock. "You... What?" He said weakly. 

Naruko's eyes filled with tears and anxiety. She couldn't place it, but thinking of losing Sasuke just... hurt. It pained her to think about it. Why?

"I'm the Jinchuriki of the Kyuubi No Youko." Naruko choked out. "That's why I'm hated and glared at by the villagers every time we return from a mission."

Sasuke stared at Naruko for a minute, silent and mostly in shock.

He saw Naruko's eyes fill with tears and snapped out of his shock. He pulled the girl into a warm, assuring hug.

"I don't care if your a Jinchuriki or not." He told her firmly. "Your Naruko Uzumaki and that's what matters."

Naruko, whose face was buried into Sasuke's shirt, smiled, nuzzling her nose into his chest. He smells really nice, she mused, his scent is so soothing... he smells like... like... warmth....

Sasuke was also in a world of lalaland.

He decided that an actual embrace with Naruko was much better than piggy backing her. His face was buried into Naruko's golden hair as he sniffed her scent.