twelve ~ I don't even know you.

Percy's {P.O.V}

After the exhaustingly long journey we finally made it to Georgia and found a beautiful forest in which the hunters and I sent up the camp. It took us all almost no time, since the hunters were drowsy and it was getting quite dark, so they just wanted to go to sleep as soon as possible in their comfortable beds.

I wasn't that tired, though.

With no idea why I wasn't exhausted, as I had been through the same journey as the hunters and therefore should have been as drowsy as them, my only explanation was that I felt like I had a more important thing to do than sleep. I couldn't put my finger on what that thing was though.

Artemis disappeared as soon as we set up the camp, grumbling under her breath about how her father demanded to be notified when they made it to Georgia. It was a couple hours later and she still hadn't come back. I thought that maybe something held her up or there was another meeting.

One of the hunters called Chloe - a daughter of Hephaestus - made a campfire in the central point of the camp, before she went to sleep like almost everyone else. The others ones awake were three hunters that stood on night watch, but they too looked like they were going to drop dead any second from fatigue.

I took place on a log by the fire and played with Riptide in its pen form, twirling it around my fingers. In moments like these, when I was left all alone with my thoughts, it was hard to not let my eyes water as my disguised sword reminded me heavily of Zoë.

The fact that I was surrounded by hunters, that we were out in the nature, and that it was dark and the stars were out, did not help with the flood of emotions. All I could do was blink away the tears and twirl Riptide around in my fingers, and it was what I did for a few moments, when I suddenly felt something. 

It was as if I was being called out to.

I looked around myself trying to identify the source of it, but all I noticed was that somehow all of the hunters of the night watch were asleep, with all three of them sitting down on the ground with their backs against the trees and their heads hanging low.

If I didn't know better due to my uncles blessing I would have said that they were dead.

I slowly stood and walked over to one of them, crouching down to see if they were in fact asleep. I checked the other two as well just in case because it was safer to be sure than sorry.

As I thought, they was out cold.

Standing up once more I felt it again. That feeling that was calling out to me. I haven't felt anything like it since the Argo II crew - minus her - along with Nico and Reyna and I accidentally came upon sirens. It had happened after the Second Giant War during a trip on the Argo II. The trip had meant to be a small holiday type thing but Leo being Leo got the coordinates wrong.

He didn't even bother asking for my help. And I would've helped him so much, since we were out on the sea and I'm good with coordination seeing as I'm a son of Poseidon. But of course, he had to be stubborn like never before. 

But this feeling was much stronger. When we faced the sirens, even Piper, the charm-speaker wanted to submit and partly did, though a bit later than the others. The only advantage I had was being a child of the sea, so I found out that their lulling voices didn't actually work so well on me. An advantage that came in useful. 

So it didn't actually take that much of an effort for me to have a clear head as I had to stop all of my friends from jumping in the water and drowning themselves.

This was different however, as I had already stated. It almost took ever ounce of self control I had to keep my head clear. But that didn't take away my curiosity.