10 | calling ark station

Start from the beginning

"Stay here," Bellamy ordered.

Evelynn pushed back her pain and joked, "Not like I could go anywhere else."

Bellamy turned before walking away, "Very funny."

A few seconds later Bellamy returned with Clarke who was nearly tripping over her own feet to make it to her best friend.

"No," Evelynn said sharply as Clarke approached, "You need to be with Finn."

Clarke sat in front of Evelynn and shook her head, "There's nothing I can do for Finn until we can contact the Ark."

Evelynn turned her head to see Raven frantically working on the radio repeating her mantra, "Calling Ark station."

Clarke moved Evelynn's side and took her arm to examine the damage. Her hands moved around the wound, trying to see the cut behind the blood.

Evelynn bit hard down on her lip letting out a suppressed yell of pain. Bellamy jumped a bit at Evelynn's cry and crouched down with them and chastised Clarke, "Be careful."

Clarke ignored him and began to mop up some of the blood with wet bandages, "This is deep."

Bellamy scanned Clarke's concerned face, "What do we do?"

Clarke's eyes moved from Bellamy to Evelynn who was squirming in pain and paling from blood loss.

"I need you to get a hot knife."

That caught Evelynn's attention. She instantly sat up and shook her head, "Can't you just put a bandage on it?"

Clarke's face softened, "The wound is too deep. It will just keep bleeding."

Evelynn groaned and let her head fall back against the wall as Bellamy jumped up to get the knife.

"This is Raven Reyes. Calling Ark Station. Please come in. The hundred are alive." Raven repeated.

Evelynn felt her eyelids droop as she listened to Raven repeat the same sentence over and over again.

"Hey, stay with me." Clarke's voice brought her back to reality. She was standing up looking down on her as she walked closer from the other side of the room. Evelynn didn't realize Clarke ever left.

Bellamy came running through the group of delinquents all huddled around the radio.

He held tightly onto a knife that was red with heat.

Clarke and Bellamy both crouched in front of Evelynn. Then Bellamy handed Clarke the knife.

"Okay Lynn," Clarke said, her voice gentle, "Try to hold still."

Evelynn nodded through her lightheaded daze.

Next thing she knew, a searing hot pain shot up her arm. The burning sensation on top of her stab wound was the worst pain she had ever felt in her life.

Evelynn screamed in pain. Bellamy moved himself closer to her and pulled her into a sideways hug in an attempt to calm her.

A bunch of the hundred burst through the crowd and ran up to them, wondering what the commotion was.

"Back up!" Clarke yelled at the kids as she removed the hot knife from Evelynn's arm.

Evelynn stayed resting in Bellamy's arms, overwhelmed by pain. Once the heat from the knife left her, she suddenly felt incredibly cold.

"Evelynn?" Clarke said, moving her hand to her friend's cheek, "You still in there?"

She blinked and opened her eyes, keeping her head resting on Bellamy's shoulder. Clarke sighed in relief.