Welcome Home Soldier Boy (III)

Comincia dall'inizio

"Oh umm--" He started and answer, but it never came out.

"Yeah," I interjected, his face looking back down at me, "where were you Dick," the tension thickened as eyes wandered from person to person in the room. Richard's face went pale as he knew how screwed he really was when I uttered his nickname, which when we first meant he told me not to call him because he preferred me to call him Richard, he said it sounded right coming from me.

He coughed awkwardly, but Bab's interjected, and all of us glared at her, wondering why she was talking, "he was actually helping me bring up some stuff to my apartment," she said, "my dad went crazy over Christmas and he got me a new fridge, so Richard was just helping me bring it into the house," she said, "and then after wards we opened gifts at my house."

I nodded, as I took in all this new information, "you guys got each other presents," I said, and I was in disbelief, and Richard was in the hottest seat in the room, "well I should just open mine then," I said.

Jade and Roy gave me an atlas, which I took greatly, "thanks you guys," I said, and moved onto Gar and Rachel's presents for me, it was large, I was actually kind of surprised, "what's did you guys get?" I said as I had to stand up in order to open it up, it was in a box, and when I tore the tape off it was a large suitcase, humongous, "guys," I said, baffled at what they got me, and jumping from the couch was Rachel, "sorry it's that when Professor mentioned you going to France next year I thought you might want to take your whole closet with you," she said, and the room went silent.

"France?" I turned around, and looked at Richard, he was confused, "why are you going to France?" it was his turn to ask questions.

I gulped, and said, "I wanted to travel the world, and I thought I might make France my first stop," I told him, and then I turned my attention back to Rachel and Gar, "thanks guys," I said and sat back down.

We continued with the rest of the party, and as I went to refill my cup of Coco, Rachel and Donna followed me, we talked quietly in the corner of the kitchen, "hey," Rachel said, "how come you totally changed the story of why your going to France?" she asked.

"I haven't told Dick yet," I told them, "I haven't even accepted it yet."

"Why?" Donna asked, "what's hold you back?"

I stared at the living room, and the man that I loved was talking to someone who wasn't me, and it killed me as he looked at her with the same eyes that he did me.

Donna saw my gaze and I looked back at her, "come on," she said, "you know better then to let some guy get between you and your dream," she told me.

I nodded, "I know," I told them, "it's just hard," I said.

When I returned home to get ready for the Christmas Party, Richard was already there, sitting on the couch, whish his hand folded against his forehead, I tossed my keys on the table and put my coat on the couch opposite of him, "we need to talk."

-Richard-

I internally hated the words, no guy liked to hear them.

I looked up from my hands to her, as she was so beautiful, even when she was crying, upset, angry, she was always so pretty, most girls were jealous, and I was lucky, but not at the moment. "Yeah," I said, "I guess we do need to talk."

Uncomfortably she crossed her legs, and gave in a deep sigh, "Dick," she said. She only said it when she was upset with me, and she also knew I hated when she called me Dick. "I'm not upset with you," she said, "I'm confused."

I gave in a breath of relief, and walked over to her side, "trust me, nothing should be wrong," I told her, "I'm back on a short break, and I just want to hang with you and my friends," I said.

"I'm okay with you hanging out with your friends, but why Barbra?" she asked, "I mean after all she did to you and after all she did to us? I mean I don't get it."

I put my wrapped my arm around her, "it's complicated," I told her.

She scooted away from me, "it's doesn't have to be," she said, and held my hands in hers, "I love you," she said, "but I want to know if you love me they way you loved her."

Her tiny hand pressed over my chest as she looked at me with teary eyes. I pulled her hand into mine and kissed it. "Of course I love you," I said, "you are so amazing and its nothing new," after I told her that I loved her, her face softened, although she wasn't totally relaxed.

She got up, and walked to the bedroom, "I'm going to go to sleep," she said and left me alone with my thoughts.

When I returned to the room I found Kory on the bed in nothing but a t-shirt that outlined the curves of her breasts and a purple lacy thong, "keep it cool Grayson," I told myself as I changed and joined her in bed, I wrapped my arms around her and held her tight.

"I love you," I said as I buried my nose into her hair.