"You won't understand"

Start from the beginning

My first instinct was to sit him down and tell him why I am who I am and hope that it will make him understand. Instead, I rushed into explanation. He had to know, and fast, before my time here was up.

"I can't be with you or anyone else because it wouldn't be real, Harry."

"How wouldn't it be real, V? The past hours that I've spent with you have been so real that...it's unbelievable."

"Harry...I...I couldn't have asked for a better person to share this time with but you have to understand that this is all it has to be. I don't want it that way--I hate it, actually--but this is all I'm meant to be."

He set his glass down and made his way towards me. "You are so much more than what you give yourself credit for. You're amazing."

I shook my head and tore my eyes away from his green gaze. "The only way the love people feel is real...is if I give it to them. That bow holds the every emotion that your heart gives you. Every arrow is your way to happiness. The love I give is unlike any other. It lasts."

"What about the love you receive?" he murmured, resting his palm on my cheek. I let out a shaky breath and gently took his hand away. 

"It's not possible."

Harry opened his mouth to say something else but there was a click and a barrier was open. His eyes widened a bit and he began chewing at his lip. "My mum's home."

He grabbed my hand and whisked me away and back upstairs to his bedroom.

"Harry!" a sweet, soft voice called up the stairs just as he gently guided me in. 

"Yeah, mum?"

"Come help me with my bags."

"Just a minute." He turned and closed the door behind him, leaning against the wood and giving me a sad look.

"I have to go" I whispered, my eyes brimming with tears. I grabbed my tights and folded them over my arm.

"I'll just be a minute" he rushed out, "I'm sure it's just a few bags."

"No, Harry. I have to go. I'm sure my father is worried and...the mission. I just can't stay."

He looked down and sighed. "I guess you can't."

"I'm sorry." Never in my thousands and thousands of years have I ever felt this way towards another being. Harry was like the antidote to my immortality but he was so out of reach.

Out of bravery I leaned up and softly kissed his pouty lips. "Bye Harry."

I turned and went to his empty wall. I closed my eyes and imagined the portal opening even though I didn't want it to. I looked over my shoulder a last time to see Harry looking at me. I forced myself to remember every shade and contour of his young face. Without any other words I saw my own room through the whole and stepped through it.

It closed immediately behind me and I instantly broke down. I sobbed as I removed his baggy shorts and replaced them with my own tights. I rubbed fiercely at my eyes as I cleared my voice and yelled, "Daddy!"

I cleaned myself up and trudged to his study. I opened the door and saw him writing something down.

"Father."

"Glad to see you're home Volupta."

"Why would you send me there when you knew he had no partner?"

"He had one" my mothers voice flowed through the room as she strolled in. 

"It was only him, mom."

"But when you got there...who else was there?"

"Me. but I don't see-...No."

"Yes, there was, dearest" my father said. "You."

"Father" I deadpanned, "that's impossible."

"And how do you think your mother and I fell in love? I never used an arrow on a loved one, that's not allowed. It is possible to fall in love on your own."

"Then why am I going around here shooting arrows all the time?!"

"I had to learn just like you have to know how love works. You have to know the functions before falling yourself."

"But I don't know them!"

"Tell me. The time you spent with Harry was...enlightening, yeah?"

"Yes."

"And you felt like a normal person for once. Like you belonged with him."

"Yeah."

"I didn't know it at the time but that's exactly how I fell for your mother."

"He was a stuttering mess back then, though" my mother snickered. My father rolled his eyes and then focused back to me. 

"Go back, V. The mission was not a mistake. I gave it a purpose."

"But Father-"

"How old are you?"

"I've lost count" I mumbled, staring down at my bare toes.

"Old enough to know that it's your time to find someone now. Go, dearest."

I let out a breath and shakily said, "O-okay."

I have a chance to go back and say all the things I've learned in this short lesson with my father.

I felt like I forgot a lot back where he was and the main thing being my heart and...and ...

"Where's the bow?" father asked.

Damn it! 

Oops...pardon my french.

A/N: Please vote and comments your thoughts or what might happen next!

-Mone'