~29~Goodbye Gaanv~

"Apna kayaal rakna beta, hosake to akar milna zaroor" said the Sarpanch of the village. He was patting Manik with one hand while holding his hands in another.

"Bahuth dhanyvad Sarpanch ji. Aapne hamare liye ithna sab kuch kiya, vo sab........." Manik said but was cut in between. "Ye hamara pyaar tha beta, aap dono keliye is keliye tumhe dhanyvad mat kaho beta" said the Sarpanch's wife who came along with Nandini.

"Manik beta Nandini ka kayaal rakna" she said smilingly while looking at Nandini who moved next to Manik. To which Nandini just moved her head down. "Ji zaroor, akir kaal meri patni jo hain" he replied as he held onto Nandini by her hip and pulled her closer to him.

Nandini gasped as Manik pulled her towards him and looked at him with wide eyes. The girls of the village who were seeing them off started to giggle at Manik's gesture.

Manik looked at Nandini with a smirk on his lips and winked at her. Nandini was in total shock, she didn't know what to say. "Manik ji, maine aap dono ka sara samaan gadi mein rakh di hain, aur kuch chahiye to bata dhijiye" Sawant said as he shut down the back door of the car.

"Koi bat nahi Sawant, Thank you so much" Manik said to which Sawant just smiled as he now understood that 'Thank you' ka matlab 'dhanyavad' hain.

With that after saying their goodbyes both Manik and Nandini sat in the car with Manik in the driver seat. They had rented this car with the help of Sawant from the city. Now they are ready to leave the Hidimba gaanv.

As soon as the car drove on the road Nandini leaned her head on the window and started to think about the two days that passed away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Then second day of the festival had arrived and the chosen pairs were called to receive blessings for their God.

They believe that the Rain God will bless his kids by sending his messenger, the peacock, to show that he accepts the chosen pair. The villagers believe that the peacock who dances when the Rain arrives, is the messenger from God.

If the peacock arrives to, then the rain God as blessed the couple but if not then the couple is unlucky and that they are not made for each other. Every couple who about to marry are very scared to face this ritual. What if their God doesn't bless them......???

All of the villagers where running in all directions to get ready for the ritual. But in that one soul was in a very confused and scared state.

"Kya hoga agar hamme aashirvaad nahi milega" thought the confused soul sitting on the cot. "Yesa kuch nahi hoga, tum dono ek dussre se bahuth pyaar jo karthe ho" came the reply of the person who wanted to calm her down.

"Aapko nahi pata madam ji" said Kalindi and took a deep breath. *Now who thought that it was Nandini*

"Ye hamare liye bahuth avashyak hain.........agar hamara bhagvan hame aashirvaad nahi denge to..........main aur Sawant kya ek dussre ke liye nahi banne hain" she said and made a 'o' face. Nandini came to her and placed a warm hand on her shoulder.

"Yesa kuch bhi nahi hain......... tum phaltu mein apna dimag chala rahi ho" she said trying to calm her down. During that time Manik entered the hut and saw the commotion going inside.

"What happened Nandini, any problem" he asked to which Nandini replied "Nothing Manik, Kalindi thinks that if their God doesn't send peacock as his messenger then maybe Sawant and her are not made for each other."

"What rubbish is this.......... Kalindi aisa kuch bhi nahi hain, okay" he said and made his way towards her. "Dekho Kalindi mujhe pata hain ki tum pareshaan ho, par iska matlab ye nahi ki tum apne pyaar par shak karo" he said to her hearing to which Nandini went into her own thoughts.