Miss Mystic Jitters

En başından başla

"Don't thank me until you're sure your hair isn't going to burn off."

"Hey, you did my hair and it turned out beautiful." I smile at Jenna.

"You two look so much like your mother." I know Elena feels the same way about this. Being compared to our mom in any form is a compliment of the highest order. She was the kindest, most selfless person we will ever know. Her being gone is a pain we may never get over but the time we did have with her means the world to us.

"You know I remember when mom and I were first applying for this. She was so excited she even told me that us signing Sofia up would be a good thing in the long run. It's actually the longest secret I've ever kept from you."

"And cheers to that." I raise my tea glass to her and give her a wink.

"If I recall you were excited too." Jenna reminds Elena.

"I was. She just made it sound like so much fun. She knew that Sofia had no interest in it but she just thought what a great experience it would be to have us both in it. She was thinking about the memories we would have with each other and..."

"She was thinking about our future even when we weren't." I finish and Elena nods.

"She's always wanted us to be close forever having each others back and living life together."

"We're sisters by blood Lenny, we're best friends by choice." I remind her.

"As you two should always be. Your mom was overwhelmed with the idea of having twin girls but she knew that you two were the blessing she's always wished for. She wanted you two to always be there for one another through thick and thin. She would be so proud of how much love you have for each other." I stop myself from getting emotional just thinking about our mom. She was an amazing woman and we will forever miss her.

"Thank you for the kind words, Jenna, it means a lot." I get up and hug her.

"Yes, thank you. And I think we should get dress Sof." I nod and Jenna takes one last photo of us and we head back where our dresses our hanging.

We walk in and see Amber pacing around the room heavy breathing. "Are you okay, Amber?"

"I hate being the center of attention. I get panic attacks."

"Oh, would you like something to drink or some privacy so you can change?" I offer.

"Actually, I'm just...I'm just going to go get some air."

"Okay, I zip you up and you zip me?" I ask and Elena nods handing me my dress. I drop it when I see Damon's reflection in the mirror.

"Shit, you seriously need a bell." I pick up dress trying to slow down my heart rate.

"Hey, you can't be back here." Elena scolds him.

"We three need to talk."

"Right now?" I ask it must be important if he needs to tell us something minutes before the event starts.

"Normally I would have a completely different outlook on what I'm about to tell you. But since it could really inconvenience me, I'll squeal."

"Then squeal, we don't have all day." I hold my dress up trying to get Damon to the point of this conversation.

"Stefan's still drinking human blood."

"What?" Elena and I say in unison.

"Yeah, a month ago, I would have rejoiced. But with the council back on the alert, it is not a good time for Stefan to fly off the handle."