Chapter 4 - First Night Living Together

Henley and Danny had grabbed the plates and cutlery while Jack and I arranged the food in the middle of the floor. I sat back down on the floor leaning against the sofa, where I sat before Jack and I had a card fight. Henley walked over and sat to my right, also leaning against the sofa. Jack sat to my left but so he was making a circle shape with Danny the other side of him. Danny woke Merritt who sat opposite Henley, resting on the other sofa.

Everyone else picked up the knives and forks Henley had found and we all grabbed a plate. I searched through the bag of napkins and sauces to find some chopsticks. . I picked up some noodles and spring rolls and added soy sauce.

"You can eat with chopsticks" Danny said staring at my choice of cutlery.

"Wow, this kid gets weirder" Merritt added.

"Well, thanks guys" I laughed. "It is Chinese so it should be eaten with chopsticks"

"When did you learn to eat with them" Jack asked

"I was three, my uncle taught me because we used go for Chinese every month" I explained.

We all carried on eating until we were literally stuffed. I had pulled out my sketchbook and continued looking at it, studying the blueprints for our first major show. Suddenly the sketchbook was snatched from me and held up.

Danny had taken it and was looking through it.

"Give it back" I screamed at him. It had private stuff in their too, not just the blueprints and he was looking at my old drawings.

He climbed onto the sofa and held the book up above his head.

"You have got 3 seconds to give it to me before I hurt you" I yelled.

"I have experienced her bad side, I'd give it back Danny" Jack said.

"I'm only looking" he said to me. "And what's she really gonna do, give me a paper cut with her cards." He said to Jack.

"One, two.. Three" I counted.

I kicked the back of Danny's leg and grabbed is collar. I pulled him off the sofa and slammed him into the wall, face first. I twisted his free arm behind his back and shove him to the floor. He squirmed but couldn't fight back. I stamped one foot on his back while holding his arm still twisted behind him.

Leaning close to his ear I whispered "if you ever take something of mine again I will break your neck"

I took my sketchbook out of his hand and grabbed my bag. I could feel everyone's eyes on me so I went to my room.  I really need to buy a safe I thought. I locked the door behind me and put my bag down next to my bed. I pulled out my phone and plugged in the charger to charge it. Leaving the phone on my bedside table I decided to go take a shower.

I went back out of my room and into the living room to see Henley and Merritt missing. Danny looked both pissed and embarrassed that her just got beat up by me.

"They've gone to get their stuff, we are going when they get back" Jack explained.

"Oh okay, I'm gonna go and get my stuff out of my car, then I'm taking a shower" I replied.

I opened the front door and heard Jacks footsteps following me. I got to my car and unlocked the boot to take my stuff out.

"You don't have a lot of stuff, is this all of it?" Jack asked.

"Yep, I have nowhere else to keep it. I don't need anything else." I grabbed some of my clothes and Jack took the rest. After locking my car, we returned to the apartment.

Jack took my things into my room and left them on the bed.

"I'll let you get settled" he said and walked back over to the door to leave.