Chapter 10 ~ A Drive to Remember

Merritt was grabbed and pulled from the shop. Jack and I were quick to follow. they had pulled him into an alley way. The ringleader, a tall well built bloke with a shaved head delivered a forceful blow to Merritts stomach.

"I told you I wanted it payed in full" he said hitting him again. I moved forward to intervene when Jack pulled me back.

"You can't just run in there" he said, concern written all over his face.

"What do you want me to do?! They're hurting him" I yelled back. I shoved Jacks hand off of my arm and ran at the ringleader, jumping on his back to pull him to the ground. I turned back to see Jack had followed me in.

There were 5 of them, all well built. it was obvious they work out often. Jack was being held against the wall. A split has opened on his lip.

I grabbed the mans arm before he hit jacks face again, giving him the opportunity to hit him hard and knock him out.

My body was thrown against the opposite wall and a kick delivered to my torso. My attacker was thrown back by Merritt before Jack leaped onto his body and continuously punched him.

A smaller man with long ginger hair went to grab Jack but I threw myself forward at him and kneed him in the little boy parts. He dropped to his knees in front of he and I kicked him hard in the chest.

Big baldy bloke was searching around on the ground. I followed his face to a small black gun.

"Run!" I screamed at the boys. I threw 3 cards from my sleeve, leaving large paper cuts over his face. We fled the scene and jumped into our cars.

They followed quickly behind us as I put my Skyline in gear and sped off. Jack got a call from Merritt saying he was heading downtown and that I should head in the opposite direction to mislead them. I knew I had the upper hand with the whole driving thing. This is when street racing comes in handy.

I saw Merritt split from us only one of the three perusing cars following him. They followed me down the street as I weaved in and out of the traffic, losing one car easily. Baldy has a Subaru Impreza so found it easer to keep up but I found a back ally and drifted the corners much better than he did. He was clearly trying to show off and skidded, hitting a bin then spun into a wall.

"Where the hell did you learn to do that?!" Jack whispered. he had a look of pure terror, clearly shocked by the events.

"I race a little. The drifting took a little more practice". I smiled sweetly at him.

"A little warning before you pull a stunt like that again. I was shitting myself"

"I bloody hope you didn't in my car" I laughed.

"At least we lost them" Jack sighed. His phone beeped, a text from Merritt to say he got home safely with only a few cuts and bruises.

Jack lip had started to scab over, the blood drying over the wound. There was a little bruise on his jaw.

"I'll need to take a look at that cut, it'll need cleaning but I don't think you'll need stitches" I smirked

*****

Hi! I finally updated! Yay. exams are over now so I will have more time to write 😊 thankyou for all the votes and comments, you guys are amazing!!!!!

Stay lucky, Izzy xoxo