Chapter 11 ~ Cuts and Bruises

When we got home I dragged jack and Merritt into the kitchen and sat them both on the counter.

"You don't need to make a fuss, it's just a few bruises." Merritt said. He wouldn't let me take a proper look so I threw him a couple of ice packs. he went into his room to lay down as he had a bad knock to the head.

I grabbed a little medical box and began to wipe the blood off jacks lip.

"Shit, that stings" he hissed

"M'sorry but you can't walk around with blood on your face." I laughed. I gently dabbed at the cut until all the blood was gone. the cut was quite big but not deep enough for stitches.

He picked up an ice pack and held it to his jaw where a purple bruise was forming.

"Shirt off"

"Why?" He questioned, winking at me.

"Lemme see the bruising"

"But I gotta hold the ice pack"

"Fine" it was difficult to say no to his cute pouty face.

I undid the buttons on his shirt and he slid his arms out. There was a big bruise on his abs and a smaller but darker one on his back.

I poked the both lightly and he growled at me.

"Sorry, sorry" I mumbled.

"Can you kiss them better?"

I made a face at him and he smiled back. I bent down and gently pressed my lips to his back then round and over his abs.

"Better?"

"Umm... This really hurts too" his pointed to his lip and stuck it out more.

I put my arms round his neck and carefully lent in. I kissed him softly so it wouldn't hurt too much but he grabbed my hips and pulled me closer.

"Careful" I warned. "I don't want to hurt you"

"Its fine" he mumbled against my lips.

"Now let me see your injures" he said.

"I'm fine, it's just scratches and there's no swelling" I pulled down the shoulder of my top to show him the light bruising and small scratches. I dabbed them with a cloth then pulled my top back up.

"See, nothing to worry about"

"You scared me you know" he reached out and pulled me by my hips so I was sitting in his lap.

"My driving isn't that bad"

"Not your driving, your bravery"he said, this confused me. my bravery? I did what anyone would have done and helped my friend.

He noticed I wasn't following so explained.

"The way you ran in and jumped on that guy, they were all twice your size and could have seriously hurt you but you did it anyway. The way you fought them off and didn't care for your own safety. it's amazing"

"I wasn't gonna stand there and let them hurt him or you. I've fought guys bigger than them before and they looked a hell of a lot worse after"

His hand rested on my hip, tracing random patterns over the little but of visible skin.

"You've never really told me about your past or what happened to you after you left England" He whispered, his lips brushing my ear as he spoke.

"That's because none of that matters now, I've been given a second chance in life and I don't wanna think about the past" it's not like I'm hiding anything from him, we all have a past, but mine just isn't worth the story.

"Will you tell me eventually, not now but at some point" he asked

"Sure" jack smiled and I returned it. Eventually doesn't mean soon, he'll probably forget about it.

I'm glad he dropped the subject, my past was still a touchy subject. I guess you could say Merritt, Jack and I were all criminals before this, scamming people to make a living. Henley and Danny did it right, put on proper magic shows.

"Wanna watch a movie?" Jack suggested.

"Yeah, want me to make tea & popcorn?"

"sure, is killer elite alright? I recorded it yesterday."

"I love that movie!" We hopped off the counter and Jack pecked my lips before going into the living room to set up the movie.

I made the tea and popcorn and went in the living room to see the movie ready and our bedcovers on the sofa with Jack tucked up inside. I set the mugs down and handed Jack the popcorn.

He pulled back the covers and I got in, my back pressed against his shirtless torso. He was so warm. I pulled the covers round me and snuggled against him to start the movie.

*****

A/N

Hello sweeties!!!
I'm a terrible at remembering to upload stuff 🙈 sorry!

I hope your enjoying the story!

Stay Lucky, Izzy xoxo