"Oh, ho! So we're boasting now, are we, mr hotshot? If I'm the fair lady, does that make you the knight in shining armour, well, football gear? Well, I'll tell you something too then," I leaned down and he brought his ear closer, "I'm not so fair once you get to know me."

"Well, that is definitely something I'd like to find out. Wait around, will you? I'd love to hear your insight on matters regarding my hotness," He told me and I laughed out loud.

"Where else would I go anyways? There is a reason I'm waiting around here, you know. I don't just sit on cold, hard bleachers for nothing." He laughed but didn't say anything more before running off to join his practice, where he was clapped on the back when he reached the huddle. I bit my lip to stop myself from grinning like an idiot and watched that boy for a few minutes before resuming my page in my book.

Around half an hour passed and I started to get bored, not of reading, but of being outside without purpose. I gathered my stuff and sat closer to the girls. Maybe they'd have some philosophical sentences to bereave me on. The boys were running laps as part of some new routine their coach was trying out to keep up endurance and it was all the girls could talk about. They even giggle like school girls, which they were, when they ran past us. Pinn waved from the front of the pack and I returned it with a smile. It was an action that Kennedy did not miss.

"Oh my god, Elie, did Pinn just wave at you?" She asked me. At first I thought she might be genuinely interested but with her there was always a silver lining.

"I just met him actually," I told her, keeping the conversation neutral. I could tell that she might be into him. I mean, all stereotypes aside, they were probably perfect for each other. Both pretty, cheerleader and football captains. It was practically written in the stars, well not the ones that I had observed, but you get the idea.

"Well you know, we're practically dating." She gushed and the girls around her swooned. I almost snorted, almost.

"Oh I get it. Its that in between stage where he hasn't asked you out but you're imagining that you're perfectly in love. I totally get it." I had to keep myself from laughing right then and there, and she was seething. She didn't try anything with her posse so close to their social media infested phones, but as soon as she got me alone she would rip me a new one, no doubt.

"You're not getting it. He's coming to my party, as a guest invited my me. We're going to kiss and it's going to be great. You don't know anything, Elizabeth," She told me pointedly. She was really trying to convince herself more than me, and practically everyone within a hundred miles could see that. But she had used my full name, that's when you knew she meant business.

"When is practice over? I have a few places to be tonight." I asked her innocently. I was pushing too many buttons, I could tell, but I really couldn't stop. Something had gotten into me. I wasn't quiet, or coasting like I thought I would. I was joking around, being somewhat of my true self, as much of it as I could spare to show. I wasn't giving two damns about what that piranha thought.

"Five minutes. We're just stretching," She told me and I stood up again.

"Great, Francie, I'll be waiting over here." I pointed to a spot some fifty yards away, giving them some space. I watched the football practice for a few more minutes before my best friend came over, cackling like a mad woman.

"What has gotten into you? First, practically flirting with the football god, then insulting the cheer queen. I haven't see you like this since you beat your high score on Joust in August. You're practically radiating swag," She told me as we walked along to where Kale and the rest of the team were taking up their bags.

"First, he's far from a god, and he asked me about the homework!" I protested, "Also I don't see a crown upon that vulture's head and please do not use the word swag anywhere near me again, got it?" I told her as Kale joined us.

"Met Pinn, had you?" He asked me. I rolled my eyes.

"Honestly though, I'm not sure how you to haven't talked. You did move last year and we've been doing football all of high school." He continued.

"I guess I just don't pay attention to you as much, sorry, Madman."

I waited again, outside the change rooms for my two friends. I started to wonder if I should have joined a sport too. However, I was more for the solitude of running, or yoga then the peppiness of a cheerleader.

"Hey, you left before we could discuss urgent matters." A voice came up behind me. I turned around to see Pinn, in regular clothes, sweats and a hoodie now, and dripping hair. He had just gotten out of the showers.

"Well, you see I'd love to but I have some urgent matters myself to attend to," I told him, the smile coming back onto my lips.

"And what are those?" He asked, leaning up against the locker beside me.

"Beating your football buddy at vintage arcade games and enjoying old movies," I explained, smirking.

"And which buddy would that be?" He asked.

"Well, you seem to call him Maddy, but his actual name is Kale, much like you go under a pseudonym, Peter," I told him. He seemed shocked, although he really shouldn't be, it was pretty much common knowledge, or so I thought. Regardless, we went to kindergarten together and there was no reason to all him by the nickname when he had just made it up for silly high school matters.

"Ready to go?" Frances asked when her and Kale emerged from their respectable change rooms.

"Yes. It was nice to see you, Peter," I said and started to walk away.

"Hey, wait, what does someone need to do to get your number?" He asked slyly. I threw my head back and laughed.

"Wouldn't you like to know." 

{Guys, it's October third. Also she met Pinn finally! Hope you're all enjoying this so far, please leave a comment with your thoughts! xx}