Chapter 6 - Forced to take the bitter pill

Start from the beginning

"Lagta hai tujhe izzat raas nahi hai. Abhi Taiy Ammi ko call Kar ke bolta Hun tumhe wapis bula lein." He said dramatically.

"Acha acha, mein tou bas yun he soch raha tha. Mera Kya, faida he hai yahan rehna, Sara se roz mil sakhta Hun." I said smiling.

"Yaar tum log ajeeb couple ho har waqt lartay Jo rehtay ho, Kya faida relationship mein hone ka jahan sukoon na ho." He said annoyed at my constant change in mood that basically revolved around Sara.

"Jahan pyaar hota hai wahan be sukooni bhi hoti hai, tu Kya samjhay ga." I replied dramatically moving my hands like a poet reading out his latest piece.

"Haan bhaiy khuda dur he rakhe aisi mohabbat se." He said getting up to unpack his clothes.

"Tum mere pyaar ki Kam aur apne pyaar ki zyada fikar karo, nahi tou Puri Zindagi third wheel ban ke mere sar par bethay raho gaiy." I said tauntingly.

"Abeyyy girlfriend Kya mili tu tou free he hoga." He said jumping at me and putting me in a headlock with me struggling underneath him.

A couple of weeks later everything was normal, Me and Adil would go to work in the morning and later at evenings I would go see Sara. We would often watch football games on the weekends with big bro although he barely talked much.

I really missed Ammi and abbu and would often wonder how they're doing, I even made plans to visit them for a weekend but they declined and asked me to focus on work. For some reason dad made me handle all the huge client meetings as well which Bhai and Adil used to deal with. I guess he wants me to be mature enough to handle such stuff.

        * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Zara's POV:

It has been almost two months since mine and Shahzaib's marriage had been finalized. Summer vacations just started three days ago and apparently tommorow is my mayoun and the next day my mehndi. Everything was moving way too fast for my liking. I barely knew the guy except for seeing him a few times and exchanging some remarks here and there and the weirdest part was that all my requests to meet him and talk to him had went down the drain.

I felt like I was back in the 90's when people used to get married without even looking and knowing the other person. Samina Aunty said that Shahzaib was really busy with the new office branch set up in Islamabad hence could not come meet us, but she said that he absolutely had his full concentration on this marriage and the fact that he was happy about it. It was really weird though, Baba even trusted Mr. Tariq with it without talking to Shahzaib in person, since he said he had already met him enough times to know that he was a decent and well mannered young man.

As reassuring as Mrs. Tariq was about her son being the most kindest and gentle man, I still had an uneasy feeling about this. It would be a lie to say that I didn't feel attracted to Shahzaib at all. He was an handsome man and had quite the persona to himself apart from the overly arrogant times. And after two months to being tied to him I started to imagine our future together, only a better one I could hope.

He was supposed to come back from Islamabad today, he won't be coming to the mayoun today since they weren't keeping that function. Apparently a simple wedding is what they wanted, so I guess I'll only be seeing him on our mehndi day.

"Zara utho tayaar bhi ho jao ab, mehmaan ane lagay Hain." Amma said.

Jee ammi I said while taking out a set of bangels from the box.

Saira was out getting me all the flower jewelry that I would be wearing today while I was changing into the green ghararah pants and yellow kameez paired with a semi-yellow and green dupatta decorated with classic glass ornaments and beautiful designs. Since it was just the mayoun I did my own make up keeping things light with a natural base and some eyeliner, mascara, blush and lip gloss.