Chapter 4 - You and tissues seem to have a pact with me

It was a Saturday afternoon that chaos started breaming at the Tariq household. Samina Tariq was somewhat a perfectionist and was always presice about her events. There she was repeating the list to Shahzaib for the one-hundredth time about the things he had to get.

Shahzaib regretted being incharge of the supplies but he knew Adil wasn't having the time of his life either rearranging the decor and seating arrangement outside in their garden, because Mrs.Tariq would make him change places 6 times before coming to a conclusion. That somehow made Shahzaib feel better.

"Acha drinks mein bhi koi kami nahi honi cahiye make sure you bring the right amount." Mrs.Tariq said at the end.

"Jee." Shahzaib said again while texting in his phone pretending to write it down, even tho he had already done that 10 minutes ago.

"Pakka tumne sab likh liya?" Mrs.Tariq confirmed.

"Jee Amma sab likh liya. Ap tou aise panic Kar Rahi Hain jese mere rishtay wallay bhi aj he aa rahay Hain." Shahzaib said frustrated.

Mrs.Tariq just smiled knowingly.

"Acha ab mein zara Adil ko tou deekh ke aoun, tum jaldi Jao ye sab le ke ao." She said while getting up.

Shahzaib snickered knowing it's going to be Adil's turn again to go through the trouble.

The barbeque party being held this evening would be a fun getaway, he was excited to see some of his cousins after a long time and who knows possibly his future wife.

         * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Zara's POV:

"Ammiiii isne phir se mere kaproun par qabza Kar liya." I said whining while running down the stairs to complain to mom.

Call me a baby or what but whenever I'm losing a fight with my sister, I run to my mother to complain. Since we both were almost the same size except she was a few inches taller than me hence we would often share clothes. But right now she stole my one favorite top I was planning to wear to Mr. and Mrs. Tariq's barbeque party. hence the fight.

"Tum log lartay rehna phir baad mein apne Abu ki dant bhi sun lena late hone pe." Ammi said while getting ready herself.

"Ammi isne meri favorite top le li, jo mei pehne walli thi." I complained pointing to Sania who gracefully walked down the stairs as we spoke.

"Aur kisne kaha ke ye top tumhari hai?" She asked confidently.

"Theek hai tum bhi saath mei thi, par li tou meine thi na pehle." I said pointing out the fact.

"Par pay tou meine kiya tha na?" She said arching one of her eyebrows and smirking. How childish.

"Hmph funny because uss debit card mei bhi mere he baap ka paisa hai." I said tauntingly.

"Bas kardo tum dono, aur Zara ye kis tarah se tum baat kar rahi ho baap aur paisey ki, buri baat hai. Koi aur top pehn lo wese bhi dear ho rahi hai." She said to me after giving a good long look to Sania.

'Fine' I muttered right after which i stuck my tongue out to Sania and ran upstairs. I was going to my room when I decided to go check up on Ali, his room was right next to mine and since him being my favorite sibling apparently i was quite close to him too. He was deciding which clothes to wear and I made the decision for him and did his hair neatly back with a bit of gel. After I was done I held both his cheeks with my hands and gave him a big hard sloppy kiss on his cheek knowing how much he hated it.

"Hmm bas kardein Appiiii!" He whined loudly while cleaning his cheek with his hands.

"Love you." I said with a smirk and ran to my room before he would catch me. I don't know what I'd do without him.