The One And Only Walks Away

Gilbert's POV

"Is she joking?" I asked, tired of the whole situation that I didn't even realize that Lorcan has left too.

"That's Anne..." said Diana.

"It's starting to get too much. I care about her, but she makes it so hard that I don't even think I can keep up. I think I know what to do..."

"What?" asked Ruby, already knowing the answer.

"Talk to her and if it doesn't get anywhere, then end it."

"You and Anne?" asked Cole, heartbroken.

"Yes. I'm not even sure if she loves me. She did say it once but she might of meant as a human being, not a person she is with... I just need to talk to her." I said as I walked away with Charlie close behind me.

"You love Anne."

"I do."

"Then, you need to be patient."

"I have been for years." I sighed and looked at Charlie.

"Just a bit more."

"I'm going to Green Gables to talk to her."

"Are you sure, you want this?" asked Charlie with a frown.

"It's what needs to be done." I said as I walked away, keeping my head low.

I walked to Green Gables and walked inside.

"Anne, we need to talk." I said as I looked at her pacing back and forth.

Anne turned and looked at me and instantly opened her mouth to speak.

"I love you." said Anne and my heart started beating really fast.

"W-What?"

"I know I don't say it often but I do. I don't think, I even told you once. It's just that I pick on fights with you to see if you really love me and I know that you came to break up with me, because I might of eavesdropped yours and Charlie's talk and I'm sorry and - "

I interrupted her but pulling her in my arms.

"Anne it was just me speaking without thinking. Yes, I was coming here to talk to you. But, I would talk it out with you first."

"Is it better if we break up?"

"Do you want to break up?" I asked, scared of what she would say next.

"I don't know. All I know is that I need you." mumbled Anne whilst we embraced.

"You will always have me." I said as I kissed her forehead.

"Well, then. No, I might not want to break up with you, but if you do I'll respect it." said Anne as I felt a tear of hers, fall on my shoulder.

"We definitely should."

"I understand." said Anne as she went to let go.

"But, I just don't think I can." I said as I brought her closer and closed my eyes.

"Please, don't leave me. I know I'm not the easiest. But, it would not be an adventure, if I was." said Anne with a pout.

I smiled as I pushed a strand of hair that fell on her face. How can someone make you so happy?