It Is Everything I Have Longed For, Everything That Breaks My Heart

Gilbert's POV

Flashback Begins

Three years ago

I can't believe I agreed to help Charlie to ask out Diana. I'm sure that he will stand right in front of her and be completely out of words. Poor Diana will look at him with pity.

The worst part is that he told Anne. Why in the world would he do that? Because, he thinks that she is a kind and helpful little thing. Please. I am twice more smart than her.

"Stop standing like that." said Anne as she looked at me.

"I will stand how I like." I said and I tripped on my own feet and fell on the ground with a pout.

"We are supposed to cover for your friend and you are trying to balance yourself on your left foot. Very mature, Blythe. Was the falling part, part of your standing or did you just fall for me?" asked Anne with a smug smile.

"What if I did Shirley?" I said and Anne blushed whilst I chuckled. "I am joking. I wouldn't fall for you, if you were the last person on earth." I crossed my arms.

"If I were the last person on earth you wouldn't be here..." said Anne as she raised her eyebrow.

I opened my mouth to speak, when Diana approached.

"Charlie, she is coming this way, right now." whispered Anne.

"DISTRACT HER." whispered-yelled Charlie.

"How?" I asked, confused.

He just shrugged his shoulders.

Helpful...

Diana seemed to see us and she started to walk towards us.

I looked at Anne in fear.

I didn't expect what happened next.

Anne kissed my right on the lips. More, like pecked. We stood there awkwardly, until someone cleared her throat.

We quickly let go and turned to Diana who had a smug smile on her face.

"Let's go Diana." said Anne who just pulled Diana away, blushing furiously.

I just stood there confused and grossed out.

Flashback Ends

"That's not how it happened." said Anne with a scowl.

"Then, how did it happen, love?" I asked with a smirk.

Flashback Begins

Anne was standing next to Gilbert. Unfortunately, she had promised to help Charlie ask out Diana. She stupidly forgot the little detail... That GILBERT BLYTHE WAS HIS BEST FRIEND FOREVER.

Awwww.....

"Your head is so small." said Anne, confused.