Issa Date

Blake

I let out a long sigh as I stood in the bathroom mirror. I should've been way more excited to go on this date with Dave ,but that conversation I had with Chris was emotionally and physically draining. I wrapped my towel back around me and walked to my bedroom. I grabbed my phone off the nightstand and plopped down on the bed. I decided to just text Dave and reschedule. Before I could even send the message an unknown number called.

"....Hello?", I said

"Is this Blake ?", the man on the other line asked.

My breath hitched at the voice that sounded familiar. It was no way it was who I thought it was.

"Y..Y...Yeah this is h...h...her."

"Uhh its Langston I got your number.."

I hung up. I put the phone in my lap and sat up in the bed in shock. My body began to shiver and tears streamed down my face. I hurriedly blocked the number and erased the call from my call log. I guess this is what I get for keeping the same number since high school. Why was he calling me? How the fuck he even know I'm alive? I know that sounds a little extreme seeing as though he can see that via social media. Why now? I really don't know whats going on ,but its starting to feel like God is playing a cruel joke on me in life right now. Horrific memories began to flood my mind. Hearing his voice reminded me of the worst day of my life. I never got the chance to confront him or anyone else for that matter. I told the police I couldn't remember anything and I had no clue who my attackers were. Thanks to the clean up they gave me there wasn't any DNA evidence. I rejected a rape kit anyway so it didn't matter. I just wanted to erase every memory of that day from my mind.

I spent 3 years staying as far away from men as possible. I never even went on a date when after that. I spent my years at Howard alone with no friends. I felt as though I couldn't trust anyone ,but my family and that included my girls. Those years allowed me to concentrate all my focus into school and its why I am where I am today. The scars from the rape physically have long ago healed ,but the emotional ones Im still working on. The whole Chris situation definitely reopened some shit. He was the first man I let in since the incident. The first man ,other than my father, in my personal life to know what happened to me. He stood in my face and swore shit was gonna be different with him. I believed him and trusted him like a fucking dummy. Then to top it all of the grimy nigga wanna have the audacity to call me.

I threw my phone across the room watching it hit the wall leaving a hole. I had a life proof case so it was no damage ,but even if I didn't have one I wouldn't have cared. I pushed my head into the pillow letting out a loud scream. I sat there in my towel crying my eyes out eventually drifting to sleep.

Dave

It was now 8:15 and I was waiting for Blake downstairs at her building. I had been calling and texting since I left the house and she wasn't responding or answering. I was hoping she wasn't flaking on a nigga ,but why would she send her address if she was ? I decided to just go up and see what was going on. I parked my Range in the parking garage and walked around to the front of the building. I walked up to the receptionist desk.

"Uhhh I'm here to see Blake Steele."

"What's the code?", she asked rudely not even bothering to look up.

"Um she didn't give it to me. Look can you just tell me whats her floor and the number? Im a friend of her's and she's not picking up."

"Can't be too much of a friend since you don't know the code.", she scoffed still looking at her phone.

"Look ma, please help me out." I reached out and touched her hand causing her to look up. I knew I was gone have to turn my undeniable charm on to get her to help me out. I bit my bottom lip and her jaw dropped when she recognized who I was.