Not so lonely

*3 days later*

Blake

I placed my head on my desk from frustration and exhaustion. My phone had been ringing all day nonstop due to my boss Mark being out of town on vacation. Everyone was calling and asking for Mark. It was like no one paod any attention in the meeting ,because he clearly stated he was gonna be out for a week. The workload was beyond imaginable and i was drowning in paperwork. Who knew he got all of this stuff done in one day? If i could just close my eyes for a little bit and just get a miniature power nap I'd be ok. Aww hell , why not ? Im the boss for today. I closed my eyes and felt myself drifting into sleep.

"Uhhhhh Miss Steele ??.....Miss steele? "

Liz was in my office standing in front of my desk tapping my shoulder. I ignored her for a few seconds hoping she'd leave. Of course she continued to stand there. I looked up and saw her biting a pen nervously.

"What is it Liz?", i asked groggily not bothering to lift my head up.

"Umm im sorry to bother you but...uhh...Mr. East is outside."

Why in the world is he here ? We weren't supposed to meet until tomorrow. He had been calling everyday to check on me since he saw me at the hospital. I appreciated it ,but it felt inappropriate. I wanted to keep things a  1000% professional,but i have a feeling Dave has other plans. I didn't feel like dealing with him at the moment and i gad way too much work to do ,so ill just let him know and dismiss him.

"Ok , i guess you can let him in ", i sighed.

I got up and went to my bathroom while she went to to bring him in. I walked to the mirror and looked at my reflection. I looked like who did it and why. My hair was frizzy , my mascara was slightly running , and the bags under my eyes made sure to present and on time. I shook my head. I didnt even have my emergency make up bag in my purse. I washed my face ridding it from the makeup i still had on and put my hair into a messy bun on top of my head. Seeing as though this was as good as it was gonna get I walked out.

I walked in to see Dave bent over my desk stating at a picture of Chris and I. I laughed startling him. He jumped and stood up straight scratching his head trying to pretend he wasn't doing anything.

"Uhh , please dont let me stop you. The picture is quite adorable", i giggled.

"I wasn't looking at the...you know what nevermind", he scoffed out.

"Its ok Mr.East. What can i do for you today ? Or actually what can i not do for you today seeing as though we aren't scheduled to meet until tomorrow."

"Well , i had something come up and I wont be able to make it tomorrow so i figured I'd come today", he shrugged.

"Do you think this is McDonald's?"

"Uh...no why?"

"Because you cant have things your way here. This. Is. A . Place. Of . Business. You cant just come up here whenever you feel like it and expect me to see you let alone handle out business. I have things to do  Mr.East. As a matter of fact the rest of my afternoon is full. So if you would please....", i said standing up.

"Well what are you doing this evening ?", he said still sitting down.

"Nothing . I leave work here when i go home."

He smiled and crossed his legs pulling out his phone. I looked between him and the door waiting for him to get out. I looked at my watch and the clock on the wall and back at him. I was starting to get annoyed.

"Ehhhemmmm", i cleared my throat.

"You should get that checked", he said laughing.

I turned my lip up in disgust. He thought he was funny , but me ? IM HILARIOUS.