Chapter Forty-Eight

Katrina left the building and glanced up at the green hill that was in front of her, and a smile spread across her face.

She spotted the boy. The same boy that Hansel and Gretel claimed to have gone in the house.

The boy was standing at the top of the hill. He was holding the poodle, his pet who was trying to protect Gretel from the Creature From Beyond, and smiling back at the aunt.

"Keep your eyes on my niece and nephew," Katrina whispered. "Make sure that they do not get crazy."

The boy nodded his head and waved to her. He then turned and walked off, disappearing behind the hill.

Katrina unzipped her purse and took out her phone. She dialed and held up the phone to her ear.

"Hi. This is me. Do not worry. I have it covered."

She then noticed something move from the corner of her eye.

"Hmm?" She turned her attention to the sign that read 'Westway Mental Asylum.' "I am going to have to call you back. Something has come up." She hung up and stuffed her phone back in her purse. She zipped her purse and stared at the sign.

There was a shadowy figure who was hiding - or trying to, for the aunt saw him or her clearly - behind the sign.

"You can come out," Katrina said. "I can see you."

The figure stepped out of the shadows and into the light of the purple sky.

It was Lena.

The aunt crossed her arms. "Ah. Lena. Of course, that is not your real name. Only your human name."

Lena narrowed her eyebrows...

...and changed.

She changed into a person that was much more familiar.

"There. Much better," Katrina stated. "My old friend. Lean Share."

Lean floated to her. "We need to talk."

"About what? What is there to talk about?"

Lean grasped her arm. "Why did you set up your niece and nephew? Why did you send in a complaint that your niece and nephew were insane?"
——————————————————————————
TO BE CONTINUED...
Different story. Same characters. Same author!