Chapter Twenty:

"A-avi," the sorrowful man stammered as he found himself hugging the silent brother of his dear lover.

     "Do you know what happened?" The dark-haired girl said solemnly to the broken-hearted soul sitting outside in the lobby.

"She...s-she got hit by a mo-mo-motorcycle," Kevin stuttered in disbelief, cries escaping him once again.

Kirstie gasped, her hand catching the sob that wanted to erupt out of her. Here two of the closest members of her family were broken, and she needed to stay strong for them. Especially for Avi, the one she loved had done everything for her and was now standing here in complete denial and wrapped in a chilling silence. And Kevin, on the other hand, was unstable, breaking down in tears for his poor lover trapped in a sleep-like state.

Avi sat down, his eyes staring endlessly at his lap, his pink lips in a tight line, and his jaw clenched unconditionally. Kevin, who was choked up, continued to gaze at the door, clearly wishing for the doctors to come and convey that everything would be alright.

That Esther would wake and bring joy to the world once again.

Kirstie sat down beside Avi, her hand softly clutching his and squeezing to hint at hope.

If Avi could have saved her from her treacherous life with Jeremy, then she knew for a fact that with great strength and hope, Esther could be awoken.

After all, she couldn't imagine a world without Esther, what a world that would be...

•••

Mitch leaned his head against Scott's shoulder, their legs entwining as they lay beneath the covers of the bed, smiling at each other and the glittering television screen.

"Well," Mitch began with a sweet smirk before Scott furrowed his eyebrows, "I guess that's a wrap."

"Haha what?" Scott said, his thumb brushing against Mitch's lips, when he removed them and replaced them with his lips.

    "I was talking about the movie we ended up not actually watching," Mitch laughed.

    "Oh yeah, I forgot we had a movie playing," Scott said, adding, "oops."

    "Yeah," Mitch smirked again with a giggle, "oops."

"I mean, I don't think we really needed to watch it anyways. The Nightmare Before Christmas has a great soundtrack used as background music," Scott winked suggestively.

     "Exactly." Mitch rolled his eyes in agreement as he continued to snuggle against the blond.

    Scott turned off the TV in his room, his arm wrapping around Mitch's shoulders as they continued to embrace tightly.

    And it was at that moment the shrill scream of the phone erupted out of the sweetness of their love, slicing through the warmth and silence with the cold words being followed by a devastated Kirstie.

    "Oh my God!" Scott jumped up, turning on the speakerphone, as Mitch frowned at him in confusion.

"She...she's in a coma right now. They don't know when she'll wake up right now, or...whether..." the phone crackled as Mitch mouthed, "Poor Essie," sadly.

"We'll be there in fifteen minutes," Scott said, pulling off the covers as Mitch nodded, doing the same.

Scott hung up, his eyes piercing through Mitch's as they both knew that nothing needed to be said to describe their feelings. So they didn't say anything, at all.