Chapter Fourteen:

Sorry for such a late update...writer's block murders me and it's sad because I have time to write ever since Monday after 12:00 pm; it's just sucky since the only time I write decently is either at night (when I'm trying to sleep) or at school.

Warning: A few sentence mention of attempts at anorexia and scars from potential self-harm. It will be within the second section of the chapter.

A few weeks later:

Kevin smiled at the brunette woman, whose head was currently atop his shoulder in a friendly manner. He wrapped his arms around her, as she scrunched her nose up cutely upon grinning.

     "Even though the world around us is in despair, this is the first time I've felt genuinely happy in months. Thanks for taking me out today!"

     Kevin nodded, his eyes in agreement at Esther's statement.

     "Thank you for accepting my invite," Kevin responded, as Esther's bright brown eyes twinkled.

"Of course! We need more time to hang out together anyways- we barely see each other and when we do it's only because of Pentatonix," Esther acknowledged.

They viewed the vast silvery blue sky, trickling down into rugged slits in between the twisted ebony trees, washing over the wondrous world below. Esther snuggled against Kevin, her body folded against his side. Together, sprawled on a vibrant towel, they watched the glorious heavens above in the jubilant park.

     Grey pigeons dotted the swirls of clouds, painting the beautiful day as if it were merely a piece of art; truly not reality. Although joy erupted around them, their family ached with deep sorrow, so happiness never lingered for long. However, today was an exception for the both of them. For now, they were genuinely exuberant, truly joyous, similar to the rest of the city.

     Kevin watched Esther giggle at the sight of the cheery family beside them, a family of five leaping excitedly in the summer aura. Two little girls of what seemed to be around eight or nine were playing in the grass, braiding precious daisies into their golden and brunette locks while an older boy of perhaps twelve assisted his father and mother with setting up their chairs and laying the towel. They all grinned at each other, enjoying the day whilst still having as much amusement as possible.

     "One day we should invite everyone to come here. It's a very chill environment- I'm sure Avi will love it," Kevin offered as Esther nodded in agreement.

"Most definitely," Esther agreed, although she felt uneasy upon imagining the rest of the group here. After all, Avi seemed stressed with Kirstie, too stressed to acknowledge the calming peace of nature anymore. In addition, Kirstie wasn't mentally stable- who knew what could happen to the poor girl? As for Mitch and Scott, their relationship was truly bipolar, from periods of extreme happiness and love to periods of depression and anger between the two.

     For now, it was best that the two took time off, just them two alone together. Until everything could be fixed that is.
***********************************

     The crisp raven air swallowed her, as she stood up, closing her eyes so that she wouldn't view the painful world around her.

She allowed herself to breathe, breathe achingly, as her heart and lower abdomen increased its sorrowful agony.