XII: Feelings

At some point, I finally regain enough consciousness to feel the pain. Everywhere hurts. I try to open my eyes; it's hard, but I manage to do it. All I see at first is a blinding light, then a few faces appear. I can see my Auntie, Uncle Neil, my Slytherin and Hufflepuff friends, Flint, and Harry. Harry is standing away from everyone else, especially Auntie.

An older woman rushes over and helps me sit up. Making me drink multiple nasty tasting potions, the woman shoos away the twenty or so people gathered around me.

"How are you feeling dear?" The woman asks.

"Less in pain now," I ask.

"You broke half your ribs and almost collapsed your lung, as well as got a major concussion. It's a miracle you don't have amnesia, let alone lived. Now if you're feeling up to it, there are some people waiting to see you." I nod and she lets a few people come back over.

The first person I see is Auntie. She's dressed in her normal day dress, coat, hat, and shoes as if going shopping.

"Auntie?" 

"Oh, Rosabella! You gave us quite a fright. When we got the letter a month ago, your Uncle Vernon and I were just about in tears. Dudders doesn't know yet, we didn't have the heart to tell him you were in a coma." Auntie gives me a very light hug, trying not to hurt my ribs.

"Wait! A month ago?! Coma?!" I yell, well try to yell. Even with magic, my throat still hurts from not using it for apparently a month.

"Yes. You've been unconscious for over a month now. Next week is Christmas. I must go now to pick up Dudders, but if Madam Pomfrey says it's okay, you'll be able to come home in three days. I'll see you soon and I love you." She kisses my forehead. As she walks away, Uncle Neil takes her place. I see something, or rather someone, standing with him.

"Ruby!!" I exclaim and my little elf climbs onto my lap, just how she would at home when I would just lay on the couch in my room drawing. There are about ten different drawings of Ruby in my room at Fudge manor because of this. I hug Ruby as much as I can without hurting my self.

"I feel replaced by your elf." Uncle Neil jokes.

"Hey, Uncle Neil."

"How are feeling Rose?"

"Fine, a little sore, but I'll be okay. Am I still going to the manor for Christmas?"

"Yes, Carson will also be coming home for most of the break. He was quite upset when he couldn't come to visit you."

"Well, I'll see him in a few days."

"Of course, well I have a meeting with a few ministry officials, so I must be off. Carson will take you to your aunt and uncle's house from the train. I will see you at Christmas." Uncle Neil and Ruby leave as well. My five Hufflepuff friends are next, after some debate between them and my Slytherin friends.

"Bells!" Laila and Sarah run at me and probably would have jumped on me if Cedric and Greyson hadn't grabbed the back of the girls' robes. Justin follows behind the older four. In his arms are a stack of cards and candy. Justin sets the pile on the table next to my bed.

"Everyone in Hufflepuff made you a card and most bought you candy and stuff," Justin says.

"How sweet. Who won the game after I fell?" I ask.

"Nobody blames you and Gryffindor even said they'd do a rematch, but your brother caught the snitch after it slipped out of your hand. Everybody saw you catch the snitch, but Hooch refused to count it. Everybody, even the entire Gryffindor team said you caught it and she still didn't count it." Cedric says.