VIII: The Wrath of Snape

Draco's PoV

Once Bella stormed away, I didn't see her until we were at the sorting. I briefly saw her when I was sorted. After that, I tried to wait for her to get sorted, but I got distracted by her brother's sorting. I didn't get to see what house she made it into. I was busy watching Harry greeted by the Gryffindors when I saw Professor Snape Leave his seat then return a minute later. Curious. Dinner was amazing. The whole time I looked around for Bella but didn't see her.

"Alright, Slytherin. I'm Gemma Farley one of your prefects. Follow me to our common room." An older girl says. we all follow her to the dungeons, where the Slytherin common rooms and dorms lay. "Okay, the current password is 'Pure-blood'. Don't forget. The password is changed often, so when it changes it will be posted in the common room. Now go to your dorms, we have classes tomorrow morning. I will be checking to make sure every single Slytherin is here. Understood?" A chorus of 'yes' and 'sure' ring out.

An hour later, Gemma makes sure we're all here. After she leaves, I hear shouting in the common room and another perfect rushes in.

"Snape wants all Slytherins in the common room now." He breathes out, panting from running to all the dorms. The other boys and I join the throng of students in their pyjamas standing in the common room. Snape is standing there, angrier than any of us have ever seen him.

"Gemma is everyone here?" Snape asks.

"No sir, a first-year girl is missing. I didn't even see her get sorted into Slytherin, sir," Gemma states.

"And who is it?" Snape's voice is cold and harsh.

"A girl named Rosabella Potter."

"Did any of you see Miss Potter get sorted?!" Snape yells to the whole room. I flinch at the sound. a few people mumble no, but the rest of us are as quiet as the dead, which we just might join soon. 

"No one?! You all were too busy jeering at Gryffindor for getting Harry Potter that you completely ignored the girl who came after him! A girl who joined our own house, only to ignored and rejected by us! Want to know where she is now? With the Hufflepuffs! And let me add something to that; she is the last descendant of our house founder, Salazar Slytherin!! I hope you all understand the choices you have made! Prefects especially; it is up to you to try to bring her back to our house before she talks to Dumbledore to change her house! If I could I would give the whole house detention, but I think that keeping everyone in their third year and up from the first Hogsmeade visit and giving first and second years a week of detention should make you realize how important it is to accept every member of our house!" And with that Snape storms out. 

We all quickly scatter to our dorms and go to bed. As I fall asleep I can't help but think this is my fault. If I hadn't gotten into that fight with Bella, none of this would have happened.

-------------------

I know, I know. Another short chapter, but the rest should be relatively long. Vote if you like the story. Comment if you think Draco is really at fault and if Rosabella should stay in Slytherin or transfer to Hufflepuff.

-Rosella