There Is (Apparently) A Beach

"Thank you for your hospitality, Ember, but we'll take our leave. Sorry if we caused any trouble," Danny thanked her politely.

"Nonsense, babypop," Ember said, "You know you can come whenever you want."

"Where are our weapons? I'm not leaving until you return what you took from us!" Maddie demanded.

Ember's smile turned into a scowl in less than a second. "Skulker went for them, you'll have to wait."

Not so long after, Skulker burst through the doors with several small weapons.

Why do they carry weapons to a field trip whose destination had nothing to do with where they were currently in, you may ask.

Well, they were Maddie and Jack Fenton. Paranoid ghost hunters that if you said 'lost' they would probably hear 'ghost'. And for that always carried weapons, just in case an evil ghost—because all the ghosts were evil to them—appeared and decided to attack.

Of course, Danny being their kid, adopted something from his parents. He was also a little bit paranoid. But his weapons were on a bag.

"I've brought them!" Skulker announced as Jack and Maddie rushed to retrieve them.

*  *  *

After they got out of Ember's house (or rather, her mansion) Danny led them through the woods, heading north.

And, yes, he knew which way was north even though the instability of the Zone and the constant changes in it. He had gained sort of a compass after he turned 17 so he could find his way through the kingdom he would rule eventually.

"How much longer do we have to walk? It's been forever," Dash complained.

"To reach the only portal that we can actually open from here? Not that much. We'll get there today without detours," Danny said.

"Didn't your parents had a portal?" Star asked the halfa.

"We have one but it can only be opened from the outside. Also, when we come occasionally here to explore, we have the Specter Speeder which has a panel that can also open it," Maddie replied. "But we didn't come prepared for a trip here. So we just have the basics."

"Is... Is that our bus?" Mikey asked pointing to the very destroyed vehicle.

"It used to," Sam spoke. "It's useless now."

"But at least, we reached the end of the island," Tucker commented.

"But how are gonna get to the other side? [A/N: wAShInGtOn iS wATchIng frOm ThE OthEr sIdE.]" Paulina asked.

"Okay, first, humans are like the ghosts in the Ghost Zone. That means, with practice and time you can learn to fly here, you will pass through things and become invisible. Right now, you won't be able to do it, but we can carry one, so we'll leave you on the other island and return immediately to carry another one," Danny explained.

"What do you mean with 'we'?" Kwan asked.

"As Danny said before, we have come here for some time, and we learned a couple of things. One of those were flying," Sam explained.

"I don't believe that you guys can fly here," Rebecca, an A-lister, said.

To prove them all wrong, the three teens started flying in midair.

"It's not fair that Fenturd and his weird friends can fly but we can't!" Sergio, another A-lister, whined.

"If it were not for us, you couldn't pass," Sam said angrily. "Maybe we should just fly to Kanikos by ourselves!"