Chapter 12 - A call from Jack Frost

Jack had been down at the lake playing with Jamie and his friends. He’d been playing with them since winter break started. Right now they all went home for lunch.

Over the past few days, Jack and his friend and built igloos, piles of snowballs, and even a few snowmen.

“Hey, Jack!” Jamie called.

“Hey.” He called back waving. “Aren't you supposed to be at home eating lunch?”

“Yeah, but listen,” it sounded urgent, “I was walking down main when I heard someone talking in the sewers. It sounded like Pitch.”

Jack knelled down to his height. “What was he saying?”

“I couldn’t figure it out, but he was talking to someone. I’m not sure who though. Whoever he was talking to was talking to him too.”

“Thanks, Jamie. I gotta go see North.”

“Okay. When will you be back?”

“Soon, I hope.”

As Jamie ran off back home Jack took off. As he headed toward the North Pole he thought of all the people he could have been talking to.

I (It) could have been one of his nightmares, but it was speaking back to him.

Could it be another unseen spirit?

His thoughts were interrupted by a familiar laughter and voice.

He could have swore he heard a snowman's laugh and an ice queen’s voice saying “Hold on!” followed by more laughter.

He thought it was Olaf and Elsa, but when he went to look, he found nothing.

He shook it off, thinking it was just his imagination, and focused on what Jamie had said.

When he arrived, he called for North. One of the yeti's went to get him. A few minutes later, North entered the globe room.

“It’s been a while hasn’t  it, Jack?” He chuckled. He stopped when he saw the serious expression on Jack's face. “Why so serious?”

“Call the rest of them. It’s Pitch.”

North’s eyes widened, but did as Jack said. Soon the northern light appeared in the sky. As soon as Sandy, Bunnymund, and Tooth noticed them, they came.

“What were we called here for?” Bunnymund asked when he arrived. He had showed up last.

“Jack.” North said, letting him speak.

“Pitch is back. I was back in Burgess when Jamie came and told me he heard him talking in the sewers. He said he’d been talking to someone, but he didn’t know who. I think he might be teaming up with someone.”

“What if it was just his imagination? What if it was nothing?” Bunny said.

“He has a point.” Tooth agreed, “He could have just thought he heard that.”

Soon an argument between all of them broke out. All except for Sandy. He had seen the moon.

He made signs above his head trying to get their attention. He trying tapping them. Nothing worked. He started to think about shaking an elf as he had two years earlier. Jack notice and acknowledge his presence.

“Yes, Sandy?”

An arrow popped up above his head. They all looked up to see the moon.

“Thanks, Sandy.”

Sandy smiled.

The moon shone light in through the roof. The moonlight hit the floor and shadows start to show. It showed Pitch. Then it showed another figure that no one knew. It looked familiar to Jack. It showed Pitch and the figure shaking hand, showing they were allies. The shadows faded and a giant crystal came up from the ground.

“What’s this?” Jack asked.

“It’s how Man in moon picks new guardian.” North answered.

“Oh.”

They all started guessing who it would be. Jack was curious who it would be. Then it appeared in blue.

It was a girl. She had a french braid with snowflakes in it. She wore a hoodie, jeans, and lacy shoes. In her right hand was a staff covered in ice and more snowflakes.

“Who’s that?” Tooth asked.

Jack gasped, realizing who it was. “Elsa.”

“Who?’

“Queen Elsa of Arendelle. I knew her -- no, know her!”

“So, you know where she is?” North asked.

“I have a pretty good idea of where she is.”