EIGHTEEN

Okay guys there's one really naughty swear word here (I know, tut tut author). Just warnin' ya! It's a Young Adult read and everything- but I'm really sorry guys! I promise that it will be one of the few really bad swear words in this books- PROMISEEE- okay, read on my children (yes I said children, don't look at me like that). 

noah

Three missed calls, two messages later (and yes I was counting) Dawn still wasn't answering and I was lying on my bed feeling moody. When my phone buzzed, I abruptly sat up and turned it on excitedly- and Jason's name glared up from the screen. Groaning, I slammed the phone down onto my soft bed, pulled out the pillow from under my head, and placed it on top of my face, blocking out all sound. 

Fabulous. We were barely into our relationship and she'd probably ditched me for some random guy I didn't know about. 

Who would've known Dawn of all people would've ditched me. I laughed emptily to myself and almost choked on my pillow.

My phone buzzed again against my leg and I groped around for it, almost not wanting to find it. 

I lifted my pillow to check the screen as I held it up, turning it on- another message from Jason.

The phone dropped from my grasp and I shuffled over to rest on my side, hearing a faint crackle of paper coming from my pocket.

The sound was somehow bugging me, so I dug a hand around my pocket until I pulled out a crinkled slip of paper, with writing on it.

Frowning, I held it closer to my eyes and read the messy writing:

0491 570 159

Call me if you feel hungry ;)

What the fuck? 

Then I realised it was from the shitty waitress who worked at the cafe, with her shitty double meaning of the word 'hungry'. Remembering how she'd been disgustingly flirting with me, shamelessly, and then given me a slip of paper which I'd dumped into my pocket and forgotten about, I felt my anger bubbling as I tore the paper in half and tossed it in my small bin beside my desk. 

She was an idiotic girl who I hoped learned that it was really wrong to just give random guys her number. 

And then my phone buzzed. 

Betting it was Jason and having my foul mood going over the top, I ignored it.

*

Dawn

I fumbled with my keys to mum's house and almost lost it when I dropped them onto the ground.

Swearing, I bent down to pick them up and shoved the right key into the lock with unnecessary force. 

Noah would really think I was out with another guy now. 

"Shit." 

I fumbled with the door and pulled it open, slamming it behind me and tossing my heavy bag onto the ground. Ignoring the empty house and mum's very long note on the counter, I dashed straight to the nearest power point and plugged in my phone, switching it on. 

"Please please please just hurry up," I said impatiently, turning my phone on. 

At once, three missed calls and two messages popped up from Noah, four messages from Aria, and one from Kat. 

Ignoring everything but Noah, I called him back and listened to the ringtone.

He didn't pick up like I thought he would've. Didn't he want me to call him back to tell him the truth? Or maybe he just didn't care.