Epilogue: Landslide (Fleetwood Mac)

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Thanks," I replied. I turned my attention back to Harry who had sunglasses on despite the fact that the sun had decided to take the day off and leave us with a gray sky. It actually fit the mood perfectly. "What's with the shades, Styles?"

"Trying to be manly," he answered with a small laugh. "Sending you home this time feels different. Like you should be staying here or I should be going with you. I don't want to be apart from you."

"We will be okay."

"I know we will. We are getting really good at this, but something just feels off. Like I should be getting on the plane to go home with you."

"It's because you were supposed to be on the plane with me. I'm sure that's it." He was supposed to be going home with me, it's why this trip had been planned. A few of the scenes he needed to be in had been pushed back to this week so he was staying longer than originally planned. I had been disappointed but I got it. There were shooting delays all the time, this wasn't abnormal. It just wasn't like rearranging the schedule for a normal client, it had meant rearranging a planned weekend to Malibu, just the two of us, which of course wasn't a big deal. He'd actually taken it harder than I had.

"I was supposed to get time alone with you in Malibu, instead I'm going to spend a few more days drowning." I giggled a little. The idea that he wanted to go to Malibu and Jamaica after having spent his summer 'swimming' in France seemed crazy to me. But he wanted warm weather, some fun and maybe a little bit of a suntan before heading off to Jamaica to work.

"You look cute when you're drowning." He laughed at me before hugging me tightly.

"I just don't want you to go. Can you just stay?"

"I can't. I have a lot to do at work this week. Plus I've got dinner plans with Jimmy tonight. He wants to start the discussion of what's next."

"I told you to wait until I was home for that."

"I know you did. He and I scheduled this for tonight when we thought you'd be home. He might decide to wait to talk it over when you're there but at the same time, you don't need to be there to discuss what's next. It's a company thing, it's a father/daughter thing. You'll maybe understand that someday." His smile grew huge at the 'someday'. With Rachel being pregnant and all of the things I was doing to help her prep Harry was developing a case of baby fever. She'd FaceTimed me a couple of times while I'd been here visiting him. He was excited to get home to see her in person.

"I hope I get to." His smile was so bright, I couldn't help but imagine what it would be like to get to watch him someday have a relationship with a daughter. I knew how important those relationships were. I was lucky enough to have two of those relationships, each drastically different than the other. I knew kids were far off in our future, we were both much too focused on our careers to begin thinking about a family, at least not currently.

"I need to go."

"I know," he replied. His voice heavy with the emotion of saying goodbye again.

"It's our last time doing this here. You'll be home before you know it."

"I know."

"I love you."

"And I love you. Have a safe flight, call me when you get home."

"I will."

One last kiss.

One last embrace.

One last wave.

One last flight.

"Miss Scarcello, is there anything I can get you?" Laurel asked as I got settled into my seat.