Feeling Good (Michael Buble)

"Good morning," Harry said, his voice still cracking with sleep. "How are you feeling?"

"Like a new person. Thank you for yesterday," I replied as I moved in the bed snuggling up to him. "I know I'm weird on my medication and I was still sort of out of it last night for dinner."

"You weren't weird on your medication." I gave him a look and he started to laugh. "Okay, you were extremely weird and it was almost like you weren't you for a while."

"I'm not me. I'm some other world version of me."

"Well I've decided I like you better. I'll happily deal with the other world you if I need to but let's do everything we can to keep you as well as possible."

"Everything we can?"

"Everything," he replied. I hugged him and as I did I caught the book that Dr. Gaines had given Harry before we left his office laying on the night stand next to a pair of glasses. There was a bookmark two-thirds of the way through the book. "I just want you well."

"Thank you. If you ever change your mind or you think that there is something wrong I want you to tell me."

"I will. But for now we are going to focus on you being well." I felt his hand slide up under my t-shirt and rest on the small of my back. "And part of being well is today. Do I need to cancel or are we safe having The Circus over?"

"We are safe. I feel decent. I'll keep hydrated take breaks in the shade I think it's supposed to be breezy today which is good."

"If anything changes you need to tell me. I'll kick everyone out and it will just be us."

"Maybe we do that tonight. A just us Saturday night."

"Like do I get to take you out on a date or like a stay home Saturday night?"

"We will see how today goes. But let's plan on you taking me out on an actual date. I'd even consider getting dressed up all fancy."

"I would really like that." I heard my cell phone start to vibrate on the nightstand. I reached over to grab it. It was Mom calling me, a picture of the us at Wrigley from last weekend popped up on the screen, Harry was photobombing us from the row of seats behind where we were seated.

"Hey Mom," I answered.

"How are you feeling today, Evie?"

"Better, much better."

"That's good. Harry was really worried. He and your Dad have been on the phone I think every hour on the hour for the last two days."

"I didn't realize he called Dad. I knew he called Pops because he wasn't letting me go to work. You called Dad?" I asked looking at him. He nodded.

"He's who told me how to make the soup for you."

"God you're too good to be true." He smiled at me before kissing me and climbing out of bed.

"He loves you, it's very sweet."

"He does love me...about that I suck."

"You do," she replied. "Your Dad told me that Harry dropped the L-word on the phone the other morning when he called. He said he loved you and just wanted to make sure he did whatever he could to take care of you. I thought I was going to be the second person you told." I could hear the joking tone in her voice but still felt terrible. This was normally something I would share with Mom immediately.

"I had every intention of calling you Thursday morning on my drive in to the office and then the gremlin decided to kick my ass instead."

"I know and you're fine. I'm just happy to hear that you are happy."