"I accidentally woke up a few times and looked at what you were doing."

"So I take it you were watching me." Gavin smirked, cocking a brow.

"There's a difference between accidentally looking at someone and watching them." She pouted, accusingly tapping his chest with her index as she spoke.

"A difference you don't seem to know." He answered.

(Y/n) chuckled, then rose to her knees, tapping Gavin's torso between her legs, resting her hands on his clavicle. "You're such an ass."

"Anything I didn't know?" He set his calloused hands on her hips, then dragged them upwards, slipping them under (y/n)'s loose shirt.

(Y/n) rushed to stop his touches, then giggled at Gavin's confused expression. "Not in front of the cat!"

The detective couldn't help but snicker as well.

"Well what else do you wanna do then?" Gavin asked. "It's 4 AM, we've got time."

"Just enough for a movie."

"Not exactly what I was thinking of, but-" He dodged a playful, gentle smack from (y/n) to the back of his head. "-I'll make some popcorn."

"Okay. I'll set up a movie. Any preferences?"

"As long as it's not a chick flick, anything." He shrugged while moving off the couch, purposefully avoiding the patch of bed where Damnit was snoozing to avoid disturbing her.

He heard (y/n) laugh through her nose as he padded out of the room, goosebumps flooding his skin as soon as the cold from leaving the bed began seeping into his skin and bones.

He found the popcorn package after a few guessed searches, ripped the plastic open, then threw the paper bag inside the microwave. Gavin waited beside the machine, shifting his weight from one leg to the other as if to minimize his contact with the cold floor.

After the popcorn was done, he rushed to stop the microwave just seconds before it'd emit the ear-piercing beep, and transferred the snacks into a bowl before returning to the bedroom.

The detective opened the door with his elbow, surprised to find (y/n)...outside the bed, throwing another blanket over two chairs she had placed on either side of the bed. Lo and behold: The blanket got caught on the backrests of the chairs, propped up to hang over the bed, creating something similar to a roof.

"What're you doing?" Gavin asked, and (y/n) smirked at him playfully.

"Pillow fort."

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Gavin sat towards the front of the pillow fort to have a better view of the television, legs crossed, hugging a pillow against his chest, bowl of popcorn set in his lap. (Y/n) was right beside him, laying on her stomach, head propped up on her elbows as she watched the screen with a slight lack of interest.

A very cheesy kiss scene had just started, with the female actor having just fallen off a string ladder, her foot tangled up in it as she hung upside down, and the male love interest smashing his lips against hers passionately.

Gavin cackled at the horrible performance of the male actor, then took only one single kernel and popped it into his mouth.

"I could've done a better job, and I'm not even a fucking actor." He commented, still grinning widely as he chewed the snack.

"Really?" (Y/n) chimed in, rushing to steal a big portion of popcorn and eat it up. "An upside down kiss isn't exactly easy."

"They pulled it off in Spiderman." He shrugged. "Can't be that hard."

"You sure?" (Y/n) rolled onto her back, eyes smiling from her cheeks as she looked up at Gavin.

"Is that an invitation?" He set the bowl aside and crawled up to (y/n), trapping her head between his hands, mattress shifting under both his and her weight.

"If you want it to be." She smirked.

Gavin laughed through his nose and lowered himself, folding his arms under him. (Y/n) was grinning, her fragile breath tickling his jaw. Gavin's mind raced and yet seemed to be stuck on one simple thought at the same time, branching it out into all its complex sub-meanings: bliss. Ecstasy, happiness, love, rapture, pleasure. Synonymous yet different, they all melted together into a nonexistent term the moment (y/n) tilted her head and pulled his face down, playfully catching his lower lip between her teeth.

Gavin chuckled and turned the small contact into a full-fledged kiss, his teeth clumsily colliding with hers before they both got used to the strange new aspects of their position. A devilish smile on his expression, Gavin gladly assisted (y/n) as soon as she began deepening the kiss. The detective tentatively caressed his index and middle finger over the side of her neck, stopping at the juncture of her shoulder

Seconds later, she brushed her fingers through his hair and gently tugged him away.

"Out of breath already?" Gavin rasped against her lips proudly.

"No, I thought I was gonna die from sodium poisoning just from the sheer amount of salt on your lips." She answered with a snicker.

"What can I say? I'm salty." The detective answered with a goofy grin and continued his kisses on her neck.