Chapter 16 - Four syllables

"It's best if you cooperate."

Suddenly sounds of heavy thumps and cries broke out from the far end of the guard cluster. It didn't take long for the disturbance to reach the front. A man with a well-toned physique, black, undercut hair save for a longer tuft of white hair at the front, and a scar spanning across the bridge of his nose broke through the crowd of guards. Taking men out left and right with almost inhuman speed and skill, each strike was powerful and calculated. Behind him a shorter, leaner young man with almost shoulder length, hazelnut brown hair, and honey brown eyes framed by round, rimless, glasses walked leisurely through fallen guards.

"Shiro?!" Keith gawked, his expression scandalised.

"Matt?!" Pidge followed, her disbelief matching the ravenette's.

"What?" the commotion seemed to snap Lance out of his trance.

"Oh thank the lord," Hunk huffed in obvious relief.

Matt chuckled at the reactions each teen gave,

"Did you really think Pidge was the only one with hidden tackers on their sibling?"

"Where is it?" the younger girl questioned instantaneously.

"Now why would I tell you that?"

"Mine is in your phone, physically inside your phone."

"Clever, mine is in the sole of your shoe."

"You cut into the sole of my shoe?!"

"If you leave it as it is you'll feel no difference."

"I can't believe you guys are doing this right now," Keith cut in, "More importantly why is Shiro here? What did he do to his hair?! Are we not gonna question how he's able to effortlessly take out all of the guards?! And just, what?!"

"I mean, haven't you heard the stories about The Champion Shiro?" Hunk attempted

"Yeah, Keith," Pidge smirked, "He's your brother isn't he? You should know these things."

"What?! You expect me to believe that crazy shit?! That my brother apparently got kidnapped by some group of mad scientists conducting illegal human experimentation who tried to take his arm but he managed to escape whilst detaining most of them and handing them over to the authorities, or that he exposed a secret underground fighting ring, or that he took on the Mafia when a rogue branch threatened to take the town and somehow ended up befriending the head of said Mafia who was thankful for him handing the rogue men back to the Mafia. All of this while he was in high school. Do you not all realise how ridiculous all of that sounds?!" Keith was almost hysterical. Pidge was laughing hysterically. Matt was grinning, smug and proud.

Some of the guards around them seemed to hear the conversation as what appeared to be fear became apparent in their expressions.

"Did they say The Champion?" one spoke, "Like his name Shiro, which means white in Japanese, you see a streak of white before he strikes you down!"

"That explains the hair!" Lance concluded. It didn't take Shiro long to take out almost all hostiles, the four teens may have mentally exaggerated how many there really were, some fled muttering things about the Mafia.

"Look, I know it's hard to believe but all those stories are true." Matt continued

"What about the one where Shiro saved you from kidnappers and the two of you have been dating ever since?" Pidge asked, smiling innocently.

"Okay, maybe not all of them... That one's just some fangirl's fantasy. But, I may have been indirectly involved in that underground fighting ring..."