My mom put her arm around my shoulder. "Have a good time, we'll pick you up here tomorrow night."

"Okay, thanks." I pursed my lips. Cameron was already gone, he didn't even say goodbye to our parents. Mom frowned as she watched him walk away. "He'll come around."

"I know." She smiled. "Go, have fun with your friends."

Olivia was slightly overdressed for camping. She was wearing a white blouse and her favorite pair of black boots. I, on the other hand, wore old clothes that I didn't mind getting dirty in. This was her first time camping though. Eloise was a camping pro. Her clothes said it all, a baseball cap, a windbreaker and a pair of hiking shoes.

"There you are! We were starting to think that you chickened out." Eloise looked down at the bags I was carrying. "Are you planning on staying for a month?"

"My mom wanted me to be prepared." I rolled my eyes. "It weighs a ton." I let one go and it crashed against the pavement, making a big thumping sound.

"Maybe a little too prepared." Olivia laughed.

"Says the one who is wearing a white blouse." I pointed out, thinking it was funny how she was joking about me being too prepared when she wasn't prepared at all, especially not for sleeping on the ground. All she had with her was a backpack.

"What's wrong with my blouse?" She asked confused.

"By the end of today, it's not going to be white anymore." Eloise giggled.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Noah coming towards us. He gave a small wave with his free hand. His other hand was holding his duffle bag slung over his shoulder.

"Hey, Sam." He shot me a smile and winked. My heart fluttered. It felt like he was flirting, but I quickly shook that thought out of my head. I didn't think he liked me like that. "You're in luck."

"And why's that?" I asked, wondering what he was getting at.

"We're in the same activities group." He smirked happily. It made me feel weak at the knees and a big smile came over my face. "Sit with me on the bus?"

"Okay." I pursed my lips. I still couldn't get over how close we had become. Of course, we were friends before but this felt different. We were more than just friends.

The principal clapping grabbed my attention. Mrs. Jacobs stood on top of a rock. "Could I get everyone's attention?" She yelled and waited for the chattering to stop. "Okay great! We are going to start loading the bus, so make a line."

"I'll meet you on there okay?" Noah touched my shoulder and then walked over to his friends.

Eloise and Olivia were looking at me strangely, wide-eyed and mouths curved into a smile but I could also sense a hint of shock. I furrowed my eyebrows confused.

"What?"

"You didn't tell us you and Noah were dating." Olivia sounded excited.

"We're just friends." My voice fell. My eyes drifted over to him, I watched as he laughed with his friends. I admired his smile, the dimples that formed on his cheeks and the sparkle in his eye. I gulped, in that moment I knew I was crushing on him, hard.

"But you want to be more?" Olivia gushed. I simply shrugged, but apparently, even that small action gave too much away. "You do!"

"You would be so cute together!" Eloise chimed.

I rolled my eyes. "Come on, let's go on the bus."

Noah was already on the bus. He was leaning back, talking to his friends behind him. For a second I just watched him, the way he smiled and cute dimples came to his cheeks.

"Go get him," Olivia whispered giving me a little push. "We'll be watching from afar."

Noah turned back to the front and his eyes met with mine. He gave me a little wave, calling me back. I pursed my lips. When I thought of being with Noah in that way I wanted to shrink away, but run towards him all at the same time. I was scared to be with someone, for someone to love me unconditionally because I had so many issues with loving myself. Before the secret came out I was finally feeling like I was in a good place, where I could add a guy to the equation. Now I wasn't so sure but I was ready to try with Noah.

Cameron was sitting near the front with Michaela, staring out the window. He glared at me as I walked past. It made me feel horrible but I'd come to the conclusion that I had nothing to feel horrible for. I sat down beside Noah and put my bag down at my feet.

"Hi," I muttered. Suddenly I didn't know what to say. I didn't want things to get awkward between us. He was the only thing that was keeping me sane. Thankfully the teacher stepped onto the bus and got our attention by clearing her voice.

"Okay, we're going to get going in just a few minutes. I want to remind you that this trip is a privilege so you are to act in a respectful manner that shows the campground what fine students we have. Am I understood?" We all nodded simultaneously. "Alright! And don't forget... Have fun!"

I yawned, covering my mouth with my hand.

"How'd you sleep?" He asked as everyone went back to their own conversations.

"Um- okay, I guess."

"Still thinking about that message from your birth mother?"

"Yeah..." I said sheepishly. As much as I wanted to stop thinking about it, it was always there at the back of my mind.

"Do you know what you're going to do?" Noah leaned in towards me, touching his arm to mine. I gulped, trying not to stare at our skin touching.

"I don't know. It might sound weird but I don't want to do anything without talking to Cameron about it. Whether we like it or not we're in this together."

"That doesn't sound weird." He said immediately, shaking his head. "You wouldn't be you if you didn't think of other people before yourself."

I pursed my lips, feeling myself melt from his kind words. I put my head back on the headrest. We fell into a comfortable silence, enjoying each other's company. He felt like the only normal in my life. When everyone started treating me differently, he stuck by me. I couldn't help but feel like there was something real between us and I felt stupid for thinking that. A voice in the back of my head told me I was just making it up, finding something, anything, to hold onto.

I glanced at him, he was staring down at his phone, his home screen a picture of him and Cameron. I could tell how much he missed him. Then I there I made it my goal to make things right between us all.

Thanks for reading and thank you so much for all of the support and feedback that I've received so far! I really appreciate it!

I hope that you enjoyed this chapter of The Truth About Us! A camping trip! Who here thinks that this won't end well? Or do you think it'll bring Cameron and Samara together? What do you think of Eloise and Olivia? Should Samara tell them what's been going on? Let me know your thoughts in the comments! 

xx Allie