Chapter 26.

Courtney's P.O.V*

"So all of you are coming back with me?" I asked the crowd of people that were sitting around me, praying that one of them or a couple would say no. Yesterday I had told Ashton that I had another appointment and that there was a slight chance that we could find out the gender. When he found out, he immediately told Luke, Calum, and Michael who said that they wanted to come along too; which led to Jessica and James tagging along.

So, that's why all of us sat awkwardly in the health clinic's waiting room, waiting for my name to be called.

"Yeah, we want to know what you're having." Michael or Calum said. I wasn't paying attention to who said it though. I looked over to Jessica, seeing her smile at me. Last night she came to me asking if she could have a gender reveal party. She looked really excited and I loved the idea so immediately, I said yes without even thinking about how anyone else would feel.

"Actually." I drew out the word, causing all the guys to stare at me. They knew something was up just by how I said that word.

"Jessica is the only one who will be finding out; that is if the doctor can tell." All five guys looked at me like I had three heads. I looked down to the ground, feeling slightly sad and guilty now.

"Are you fuc-." Michael started but was interrupted by a nurse, thankfully, calling my name. I stood up quickly heading off to her. What surprised me is that everyone else followed me as well. The nurse gave me a look before starting to say something about how many people were allowed back there. I made up some lie about Luke, James, and Jessica being my family and Calum and Michael being Ashton's brothers.

I know she didn't believe me by the skeptical look she gave all of us but she led us back into a room anyway. She checked my height and weight before going on to check my vital signs and then telling me that my doctor would be in to see me soon.

Once she was out of the room all five guys exploded on me; quietly yelling at me for not telling them this beforehand. I didn't know who was saying what but I did know it was bad enough that I started crying. As soon as I covered my face with my hands, the whispered yells stopped.

"Y'all are fucking stupid." I heard Jessica mutter before she wrapped her arms around me. I uncovered my face with my hands then buried it into her neck, letting more tears fall.

Was it a bad idea?

"It's okay Court." She said softly, rubbing my back as she tried to calm me down.

I wiped my eyes quickly upon hearing a knock on the door. Jessica wiped away any make-up that might have smeared in the process of my crying as the obstetrician came in, smiling.

"Hello Ms. Lambert, I'm Doctor Ames and I'll be your OB for today." She shook my hand, smiling kindly at me then went on to greet everyone else.

"So today we're going to run just a few tests then checking on the baby and how well the development is going; maybe even find out the gender." She said enthusiastically.  I bit the inside of my lip to keep the tears from coming again as she mentioned finding out the gender.

She asked Luke, Calum, Michael, James, and Jessica to all step out of the room; only keeping Ashton in here because I asked her to. Even though it was still tense and awkward I wanted him to be in here with me. Hr honestly calmed my nerves about all of this.

After Dr. Ames left the room, the nurse came back in with a small case. She prepped a needle and some tubes before taking a rubber band and tying it at the top of my arm proceeding to wipe my arm with rubbing alcohol.