Chapter 12.

Ashton

The next morning when I woke up, I was wrapped up in my blanket and the room didn't have much light streaming through the curtains. I raised my head up off the pillow and with one eye slightly open I noticed something seemed off about my room. Untangling myself from the blankets, I was confused. What is different about my room? I got out of bed and shivered.That's when I thought about it, my lights were on last night when I was lying in bed and now they were off and I didn't have a blanket over me.

Michael must have come into my room last night and shut the light off and pulled the blanket over me. Before walking out of my room and heading into Michael's, I tugged on a pair of socks since the hard wood floors made my feet pretty cold. I opened his door to see him asleep and the front of his body facing away from the door. Blankets covering his head, just like he always slept. 

Usually I would go in and jump on him to get him to wake up but this time I just left him be. He'd probably hurt me if I messed with his sleep again, especially this early in the morning. I shut his door softly and made my way downstairs, walking into the living room.

My eyes stung as I kept having to blink them open rapidly. I guess I could have used a few more hours of sleep. I rubbed my hands over them, getting a little bit of the sleepiness out of them but not enough that it actually helped. 

"Hey sleepy head." Calum laughed upon seeing me walk into the kitchen. I mumbled a hi back to him, noticing Luke was sitting at the table eating a bowl of cereal.

He looked a little bit more energized than I felt but I am most likely guessing, he got more sleep than I did. I grabbed a glass out of cabinet and then the orange juice, pouring myself a glass. I set the juice back in the fridge before taking a sip from my glass.

There was a noise from behind me, making me assume Michael had risen from bed and has joined us in the kitchen.

My eyes wandered out the window, to Court's drive way, seeing a whole bunch of snow covering her red car but that wasn't really what caught my attention.

"Damn, what happened to the car?" I could see Kyle and two other guys standing in front of the car last night, only difference now is the big dent in the front of it and the busted windshield.

"Kyle hit a deer last night because he wasn't paying attention to the road." A new voice said from behind me. I knew it wasn't any the lads voices because it was a female one.

"Court, what are you doing here?" I said when I saw it was her. I don't know why but she didn't sound like herself.

She shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly. I noticed that she had a small bruise on her forehead that surrounded a white bandage, and a larger bruise on the apple of her right cheek.

"Are you okay?" I asked coming forward and moving her hair away from her face. She flinched as my fingertips accidentally touched her bruised skin. "Yeah it's just a little headache, nothing too big." My heart sank when I realized she was in the car with her brother when he hit the deer. I didn't like to see her hurt or in pain, it made me feel a pull in the middle of my chest.

"Are you sure you don't want anything, because we have some pain relievers in the cabinet if you need them." Calum spoke up.

Court turned to him, shaking her head. I gave her a stern look and took a drink of my juice. If my head was hurting I would be taking something to relieve the pain, I wouldn't be going through the day with it.

"Nah, I'm fine. I'm just going to head home and get some more sleep though." She rubbed her eyes and yawned. I smiled at her, thinking it was cute.